Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 10:42 AM

17 posts, read 28,007 times

Advertisements

I am looking for bakery recommendations, near the French Quarter, where I can place an order in advance for a birthday cake.

I'll be visiting New Orleans for a destination birthday celebration in a couple weeks. This will be my first time in New Orleans and I am unfamiliar with the area.

We are staying near the French Quarter, around Columbus Street / Marais Street. I think the area is called Marigny? So it would be nice to find a bakery nearby. I *think* this location is within walking distance of the French Quarter, so a bakery in the French Quarter might be good, too?

I'm not sure what others in our group have planned. There might be a birthday celebration dinner in the French Quarter, and if this is the case, then picking up a birthday cake from a bakery in the French Quarter could be convenient.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 12:27 PM

17 posts, read 28,007 times
Just a follow up post ....
Since nobody here has any bakery experience in New Orleans, I will share my one and only bakery experience during my trip in the hopes that it may be helpful to someone else in the future.

After much searching, I decided to go with Bittersweet Confections on 725 Magazine Street, since I could easily order a birthday cake online. I was a little worried about the bakery being on the other side of the French Quarter from where I was staying in Marigny, but it really wasn't a problem at all. It was not as far as I thought it might have been from looking at a map. And it was easy enough to Uber there.

I ordered the small Bittersweet Cake (a scrumptious chocolate cake, very dense and rich, definitely recommend it!) and it was ready for me when I arrived to pick it up. My friend was with me when we went to pick up the cake and the lady at the bakery noticed it was her birthday and offered her some ice cream. While at the bakery, we also picked up some King Cake so that the whole gang could try some of this famous cake; this was really delicious! (Much better than the sample we got when we went to Mardi Gras World).

I would not hesitate ordering another cake from this bakery again, if I ever find myself in New Orleans again.

Attached Thumbnails
Bakery near French Quarter to order birthday cake-birthday-cake-3.jpg  

Old 03-10-2020, 10:32 AM

712 posts, read 1,092,233 times
^ Thanks for your followup post

Old 03-12-2020, 08:17 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,285,123 times
I would suggest you contact the hotel you are booked in and inquire. If they have a resturant I feel certain they could accomodate you. If not, they likely have a contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans