U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 12:14 PM

14,411 posts, read 20,881,537 times

Advertisements

You didn't answer the question about where you did your residency because you obviously expect me to listen to a guy on the internet instead of the world scientific community.
Or are you a famed economist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 03:21 PM

4,757 posts, read 6,432,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You didn't answer the question about where you did your residency because you obviously expect me to listen to a guy on the internet instead of the world scientific community.
Or are you a famed economist?
Exactly what I expected from you lol.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:34 PM

9,216 posts, read 3,812,807 times
Quote:
And we'll have another outbreak.
You seem especially adamant about not emerging from the basement. That is your choice but will leave you behind.

We'll soon be on a much needed path to normalcy. In the mean time, a few will succumb due to lifestyle or genetics. Can't help that. The herd will undoubtedly get thinned. That's the way it goes.

The majority are ready to take our chances and live life. Let the good times roll!

Old 04-29-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobegotten View Post
Greetings from Fredericton, New Brunswick in eastern Canada. My wife and I hope to spend our fourth consecutive anniversary Oct. 22 in your beautiful city. Our wish is to eat inside a restaurant. What is your gut feeling about our chances? And to make matters a bit trickier, we have free cancellation on our Bienville Ave.apartment until the end of August only. Thanks in advance and please stay safe.
By mid-June, things will be a little more normal in the tourist areas. The North Shore for shure will be rockin and rollin!
We are ready, and are losing patience with the glass half full types. Enjoy!

Old 04-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Exactly what I expected from you lol.
Same from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You seem especially adamant about not emerging from the basement. That is your choice but will leave you behind.

We'll soon be on a much needed path to normalcy. In the mean time, a few will succumb due to lifestyle or genetics. Can't help that. The herd will undoubtedly get thinned. That's the way it goes.

The majority are ready to take our chances and live life. Let the good times roll!
I'm adamant about listening to health professionals about this instead of a guy on city-data about his predictions of how these global restrictions are lifted. My apologies.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Same from you.

I'm adamant about listening to health professionals about this instead of a guy on city-data about his predictions of how these global restrictions are lifted. My apologies.
You do what makes you feel good. The rest of us will safely return to Louisiana life.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM

8,703 posts, read 13,088,658 times
I do think that the shutdown order will be lifted by August. Probably after May 15. But its quite possible that they will still be required to limit seating capacity to maybe 50% of their usual capacity which may contribute to longer wait times and more difficulty getting a reservation if tourism rebounds quickly. The same challenge applies to bars and clubs having to limit capacity and allowing fewer people in.

For a first time visitor I do suggest that classic restaurants like Antoine's, Galatoire's, Arnaud's, Commander's Palace or Drennan's. K-Paul's Louisiana kitchen is touristy but good.

If you're from Canada, you definitely should also visit the Lafayette area where the Acadians most settled. There's not much connections between New Orleans and French Canada.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You do what makes you feel good. The rest of us will safely return to Louisiana life.
Oh so the same thing that the rest of the country is doing. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or