U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 13,491 times

Advertisements

Hopefully this reaches you all dry and safe!!! Can anyone tell me if the area around Village de Lest or Michoud in New Orleans East is safe to live? I stayed
with a college friend on a visit several years ago.
I am considering a move and love NOLA but do not
want to be in the downtown/uptown area.
Thanks for the feedback!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 10:15 AM

169 posts, read 626,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle123 View Post
Hopefully this reaches you all dry and safe!!! Can anyone tell me if the area around Village de Lest or Michoud in New Orleans East is safe to live? I stayed
with a college friend on a visit several years ago.
I am considering a move and love NOLA but do not
want to be in the downtown/uptown area.
Thanks for the feedback!!!
Safe as in safe from storms/hurricane - no way. That area is prone to flood easily even in major rain makers that are not tropical in nature. Safe as in crime, quality of life? Before Katrina hit (when I lived in the NO area for 28+ years) - maybe. Afterward, I have no idea. Considering the damage it took in Katrina my guess is on the negative side.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 AM

212 posts, read 519,305 times
i use to stay back there, its the viet area but overall it is soso. i wouldnt live in a apartment back there but a house would not be that bad of a investment if the storm dosent blow it away

Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,491 times
Default Clarification

I mean safe in terms of crime. I was told by a few of the neighbors that they haven't flooded since their subdivision was built in the early 1970s. My friend said with Katrina they had less than 2 ft of water. What did them in was the mold because they weren't able to get back into the city. In a three block area where her family's house is, there are next to no FEMA trailers at the beginning of this year. This seems to be a good bet in terms of the flood issue. She also said that pumping stations that controlled the area around NASA and Folgers helped that area? So, I'm mostly concerned about crime- today, that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans