Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 03:59 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times

Advertisements

Great job to that section of New Orleans that gave Jefferson enough votes to be in the runoff. Here's your opportunity to show the nation that you've learned from your mistakes and are not part of some "bananna republic" and don't re-elect this fool. We've already gotten Edwin Edwards and David Duke in prison (thanks to federal help since local politicians and police are so corrupt) and now you're well on your way to re-electing this jerk. Don't do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Great job to that section of New Orleans that gave Jefferson enough votes to be in the runoff. Here's your opportunity to show the nation that you've learned from your mistakes and are not part of some "bananna republic" and don't re-elect this fool. We've already gotten Edwin Edwards and David Duke in prison (thanks to federal help since local politicians and police are so corrupt) and now you're well on your way to re-electing this jerk. Don't do it!

OMG.....Haven't read the Times Picayune in a few weeks....you have got to be joking!! What the hell are these people thinking!!

I'm right there with you..same thing in Jersey, they keep voting these crooks back into office

Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,080 times
Somehow I'm thinking/hoping it was a fluke. Ole Dollar Bill only received roughly 25% of the vote, which means that 75% of the people who voted were not for him. I get the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, but if I were in a voting district where Vitter or Jefferson were up for election I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever on someone who has publically given my district bad press.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 AM

65 posts, read 381,319 times
I was listening to the political pundits Saturday night and their explanation how this played out. Helena was the only white running, the rest of the candidates were black. The district is approx 30% white and 70% black covering part of Jefferson and Orleans parishes. Nobody ran away with votes and Jefferson was able to get his core group of voters out. The turnout was low which was in Jefferson's favor. I don't know anything about politics in NO-- this was their observations. After the realization that it would be Helena and Bill running in Nov. --the next question asked was who do you think is going to win. Someone said that with Obama being on the ticket this Nov. it would be hard not to elect Bill. But the story does not end there. The trial begins in Dec. and what happens if he is found guilty? Well I guess we will have to have another election (my guess?). Then we will probably see the same group of candidates run and probably will have to see another runoff cause no one will win and eventually a person will be put in office. I wonder how the people in this district feel about this? As an outsider looking in it doesn't make a difference- as a resident of this state and how this will reflect to the rest of the nation-well I have come to the conclusion that really we don't matter to them anymore so what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: