Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 11:45 AM

12 posts, read 34,042 times

Advertisements

now the media saids that you are likely to get killed in New Orleans then nyc. lets talk about the Crime they put new orleans down one of the most dangerous city to live in the usa! is New Orleans really that dangerous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,533 times
It's definitely more dangerous than New York City. New York, New York has come a long way from the bloody 70's and 80's. I think New Orleans has a huge amount of crime, but most of the victims are criminals themselves. As far as random acts of violence I don't have any reason to believe that New Orleans is any different from other cities in the U.S.

The problem with places like New Orleans and Detroit is that they were never able to sufficiently clean up the drug industry due to corruption, lack of police presence, and socio-economic factors.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 AM

258 posts, read 1,020,363 times
There's crime here but it's all mostly related to drugs.

Read NOLA.com and you'll see it's guys who know one another who kill each other over the most insane reasons.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
jessie jackson told the truth bout NO but folks did not like it at all.
i have a dream.
i love NO
the sky is cryin
a former resident

Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 AM

12 posts, read 34,042 times
my opinion about N.O. and KATRINA is this our government did send help but they shot at the helocopter i can understand folks stealing food to survive but most of them was stealing TVS AND MUCH MORE not stealing stuff to survive but i understand that the ppl was all scared that they lost everything they had and most did but they was all ask to evecuate but not many did but i noticed this round they all did it was a ghost town my point is use your common sense

Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,479,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miserylovesco. View Post
There's crime here but it's all mostly related to drugs.

Read NOLA.com and you'll see it's guys who know one another who kill each other over the most insane reasons.
The above pretty much explains it all.

As far as Katrina is concerned. If you got most of your info from a television.... you don't know the half!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:00 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen08 View Post
my opinion about N.O. and KATRINA is this our government did send help but they shot at the helocopter i can understand folks stealing food to survive but most of them was stealing TVS AND MUCH MORE not stealing stuff to survive but i understand that the ppl was all scared that they lost everything they had and most did but they was all ask to evecuate but not many did but i noticed this round they all did it was a ghost town my point is use your common sense
Have you ever heard of punctuation?

You really need to get your facts straight. A huge majority of New Orleans area residents evacuated prior to Katrina. Those who did not were mostly those who could not.

Were you in the city after Katrina? My guess is no. You say that most people were out on the streets stealing television sets, etc. Wrong. Of course you would think that. Why would CNN or FOXnews want to put footage of hundreds of people taking bread of the shelves when they could put up footage of this one guy carrying a TV out of the electronics store next door.

People need to stop believing everything they hear from the media. Do you not understand that the media makes money by tricking you into buying papers or tuning in. They are always bending the truth (or flatout lying) if it means getting your attention.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM

126 posts, read 471,334 times
You're in real danger if you have a personal problem with crack cocaine. I don't do crack, so I walk around feeling relatively fine and have for over 20 years. Never have been a victim of crime and can't really say that I know anyone that has other than a car break-in here and there. But, again, my friends don't do crack either, so we live in a different social circle than the criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: