Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,843 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering buying a home in the East Bank location of New Orleans. Preferable Zip Code 70216 around the Kenilworth Subdivision. I know this sounds so crazy. The news doesn't give many updates on the state of New Orleans. Are there any businesses re-opened? I can't find anything on Google. We're just interested in buying a home, and fixing it up to live in it. I have two younger siblings who will be attending school. My mom is having me find out as much information as possible. Our last home, in Navarre, Fl, was washed out by Hurricane Ivan. We're currently renting in Florida, but we fell in love with a home in East Bank, that resembled our old home in Navarre. I know there are many repairs that will be needed. I have read scary stories about water still not being available. Has anyone started coming back? Is there any sign of life? It looked like such a family oriented neighborhood. Can anyone give me any information at all? All information would be much appreciated! As well as current pictures of that area?
Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM

42 posts, read 250,363 times
Hiya,

I am from NOLA and moved to Little Rock, AR after the storm. I try to keep up with the state of NOLA on NOLA.COM. From what I've read about New Orleans East area, not too much has progressed. The Lakeforest Plaza will be redeveloped and the major retailer will be LOEW'S along with a few other retailers. The movie theater that was there, the MGM, said it would reopen. I've read also that the Eastover subdivision is really coming along with most of its residents rebuilding and coming back.I'm not sure how familiar you are with these places but thats what I've heard. From relative that live in NO, I've been told that, that area is still to a degree DOA if you know what I mean. here are some articles about the area, but like most of the city, besides the French Quarter and Uptown area, it is still lacking an infrastucture.
http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories...920.xml&coll=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: