U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 AM

177 posts, read 739,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
...Does anyone know if the Delmonico is opened anymore?
Emeril bought that a few years back. It's still open.

Delmonico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 05:23 PM

207 posts, read 853,592 times
There are so many "Great restaurants" in NO that is becomes a question of what do you want to eat and how much do you want to pay. The food at a $10 restaurant will be as good as a $50 restaurant.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,557,764 times
I already saw someone mention Jacques Imo's. We're leaving for NOLA in a couple days. So far this are our restaurant plans. Let me know how we did:

Lola's
Dickie Brennan's
Dominique's

Maybe Jacques Imo's.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 PM

166 posts, read 634,031 times
Hmmm...off to search more of the restaurants that were mentioned. We leave in a couple of days too.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 PM

I highly recommend Olivier's (where we went tonight). Fantastic little restaurant. The duck and the chicken were fantastic.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:24 AM

59 posts, read 151,999 times
this thread is going to come in handy when my friend comes into town tomorrow night. i think i'm going to take her to jacques imo's cafe since i want her to check out the maple leaf and maybe byblos or nirvanna.

by the way byblos stuffed grape leaves- HOLY COW!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM

177 posts, read 739,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
I already saw someone mention Jacques Imo's. We're leaving for NOLA in a couple days. So far this are our restaurant plans. Let me know how we did:

Lola's
Dickie Brennan's
Dominique's

Maybe Jacques Imo's.
Sounds like you'll be pleased with the food.

One more idea: for lunch try one of the little sandwich shops like Serio's or FredRick's on St. Charles a couple blocks from Canal or P&G on Baronne about 4 blocks from Canal. P&G has great muffelattas and they all have good seafood and other po-boys under $10. Everybody will tell you Central Grocery for Muffs but I think P&G is better. Also, Mother's is a popular tourist trap where it's overpriced but they have a good roast beef sandwich called the "debris".

For a fancier lunch but still well within budget (about $15 up to $20 entrees) try either Luke or Herbsaint, both also on St. Charles. I've never been disappointed with either of them.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I've heard good things about Luke and Herbsaint.

We've gone to Dominique's and Olivier's so far, which were both great. We're going to NOLA tonight, which I'm very excited for.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:37 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,020,363 times
Commander's is good, but a bit overrated. I went to Emeril's (not Delmonico or NOLA, but the one in the CBD) and Commander's on consecutive nights and Emeril's was a vastly superior meal in service (4 people eating, five waiters simultaneously placed our food on the table) and in quality of food.

But neither are the restaurants I will HAVE to go to when I return to NOLA (lived in NOLA from August of 2000-December of 2003), those will be Lebanon's, a cheap Middle Eastern place with incredible food that may or may not be in business. And Irene's, which is the best Italian food I've ever had outside of Italy...and this is coming from someone who lived in Italy for a summer.

IRENE'S is the best food NOLA has to offer. Just get there by 5pm as they do not take reservations and you WILL wait 2+ hours for a table otherwise...but even then, it's worth the wait, the food is that good.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:13 PM

Just got home, and overall enjoyed my time in NOLA (although I didnt like the rest of the state outside of NOLA). Food was absolutely incredible. The dinner at Emeril's NOLA was possibly the greatest dinner of my life, and I'm very well traveled. Dickie Brennan's was very good, but pretty much what you'd expect from a steakhouse anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or