U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:06 AM

126 posts, read 430,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
Goodbye and Good Luck! FYI, I did move after Katrina due to family health issues. I still have plenty of family in NOLA and go back to visit often. My family and I now live in Boulder,CO. It's so nice to live in a progressive and thriving city. It's wonderful to live in a State and a City that is growing and proactive when it comes to the future. I still love NOLA and it pains me to see what is still happening back there. So there you have it, I have moved on. If you don't want help,advice or opinions from others, good luck going it on your own. I hope the city and your way of life that you so love survives. Adios!
Moderator cut: edit I've been to Boulder, CO. I'm a skier. It's nice, but, it is no New Orleans. Absolutely no culture whatsoever.

Last edited by leorah; 12-25-2008 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: No personal attacks or insults, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 03:15 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,178,405 times
Micktooth, you offered neither help, nor advice. You offered your opinion, and when people stated a counter-opinion, you Moderator cut: edit stormed off of the thread. Stop trying to act so nobleModerator cut: edit
A random murder happened in a parking lot...Moderator cut: edit This is America. Find one major city where there are not a few random murders. I wish that those were the ONLY murders in New Orleans. Alot fewer people would be murdered if all of the people murdered for drugs were taken out of the picture.

Last edited by leorah; 12-25-2008 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-25-2008, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,075 times
Thats bc they arrest anyone for anything in New Orleans

Old 12-28-2008, 12:37 PM

31 posts, read 166,399 times
Default zero tolerance

Cities that adopt and adhere to the policy of zero tolerance for thugs and their behavior have seen dramatic turnaround in cities, population and business districts. You don't ask to take back the streets, you move in and just do it. If it means getting the military involved, so be it. Order will be restored and thugs will be gone. The tolerance and sticking one's head in the sand feeds the destruction of cities. Time to get your head out of the sand.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 AM

16,010 posts, read 37,559,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotbully2 View Post
Cities that adopt and adhere to the policy of zero tolerance for thugs and their behavior have seen dramatic turnaround in cities, population and business districts. You don't ask to take back the streets, you move in and just do it. If it means getting the military involved, so be it. Order will be restored and thugs will be gone. The tolerance and sticking one's head in the sand feeds the destruction of cities. Time to get your head out of the sand.
New York City is a great example of that. I lived there from 1998-2000 and a GREAT city to live in...they made laws that you basically couldn't 'bother' people by panhandling or otherwise...certain kinds of businesses and people that were commonplace in Manhattan, moved elsewhere...and suddenly Manhattan was this great place to live and work again.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,178,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
New York City is a great example of that. I lived there from 1998-2000 and a GREAT city to live in...they made laws that you basically couldn't 'bother' people by panhandling or otherwise...certain kinds of businesses and people that were commonplace in Manhattan, moved elsewhere...and suddenly Manhattan was this great place to live and work again.
That's exactly what has kept the high crime rate of New Orleans from jumping the parish line into Metairie and Kenner. For twenty-seven years Jefferson parish had a no-nonsense sheriff who did not tolerate crime. Now that he has died I am a little uneasy about the future of Jefferson Parish crime-wise.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 PM

31 posts, read 166,399 times
Nice to see these post, as some people believe these comments are overly aggressive, yet knowingly allow thugs and drug dealers to carry guns and intimidate them and there families. This country really needs to develop an attitude of zero tolerance and stop hand holding these criminals. Building basketball courts and getting social workers involved works for non sociopathic individuals. Animals only respond to more aggressive individuals than themselves. Last year on New Years eve a lawyer was jogging in his city and 6 punks/thugs jumped him for no reason and beat him unconcious. It's too bad we do not have the ability to legally carry guns, as the outcome of this incident would have been very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or