U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 PM
 
Location: nola
860 posts, read 995,955 times
Reputation: 489

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
It's totally awful. 100% of New Orleans is like that. Every block along Audubon Park and every block in Lakeview. Crime is all we ever think about, we just go to work in fear and come home and we don't go out and do things at all because every time we do that we all get mugged or shot or something. I mean there's nothing to eat, no music, no natural or architectural beauty, no history to explore, no really good people here, no long standing traditions, nothing fun to do here, no genealogical reasons for anybody to live in New Orleans. None. At all. Because the city is too violent and we must all avoid it.

We've gotta tell the millions of tourists that they're in danger!!! Or at least tell them we are moving because it's dangerous for locals. They're gonna have to make their own drinks and do their own sheets from now on, and throw their own Mardi Gras and stuff.
Got me cracking up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2015, 07:49 PM
 
7,326 posts, read 4,271,925 times
Reputation: 9083
Areas to avoid? Everything north of Lake Pontchartrain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,890 posts, read 2,514,006 times
Reputation: 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
It's totally awful. 100% of New Orleans is like that. Every block along Audubon Park and every block in Lakeview. Crime is all we ever think about, we just go to work in fear and come home and we don't go out and do things at all because every time we do that we all get mugged or shot or something. I mean there's nothing to eat, no music, no natural or architectural beauty, no history to explore, no really good people here, no long standing traditions, nothing fun to do here, no genealogical reasons for anybody to live in New Orleans. None. At all. Because the city is too violent and we must all avoid it.

We've gotta tell the millions of tourists that they're in danger!!! Or at least tell them we are moving because it's dangerous for locals. They're gonna have to make their own drinks and do their own sheets from now on, and throw their own Mardi Gras and stuff.
LMAO...this post reminds me of me a year ago when I would engage trolls, children, and idiots.

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
I live in New Orleans with my wife and 2 daughters....and we get shot ALL THE TIME! All the information discussed about N.O.'s crime rate being drug or gang related(which is documented in police reports) is complete nonsense! I'm getting shot at right now. The hundreds of thousands from around the country who were just here for Mardi Gras, all left with war wounds or a disease of some sort...or completely naked from robberies. Every time we go to Whole Foods we catch whole stray bullets from the random street violence that consumes the whole city the whole day. wholly moly!
...before I became completely numb to the BS of this site.

Last edited by Chilly Gentilly; 04-25-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 01:54 AM
 
2,053 posts, read 2,132,620 times
Reputation: 1894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
It's totally awful. 100% of New Orleans is like that. Every block along Audubon Park and every block in Lakeview. Crime is all we ever think about, we just go to work in fear and come home and we don't go out and do things at all because every time we do that we all get mugged or shot or something. I mean there's nothing to eat, no music, no natural or architectural beauty, no history to explore, no really good people here, no long standing traditions, nothing fun to do here, no genealogical reasons for anybody to live in New Orleans. None. At all. Because the city is too violent and we must all avoid it.

We've gotta tell the millions of tourists that they're in danger!!! Or at least tell them we are moving because it's dangerous for locals. They're gonna have to make their own drinks and do their own sheets from now on, and throw their own Mardi Gras and stuff.
Thanks for the warning, I intended to visit New Orleans on my next trip to the US but I'll skip it because it has really gone downhill like you say. You're right about the tourists too, I watched a video recently about a shooting in Bourbon street and it all just happens so fast, there really is nothing you can do to escape harm. I heard even the locals avoid it after 9 pm these days. Back to Las Vegas then, for the so manieth time. At least the strip is reasonably safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 02:33 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,291 posts, read 1,264,855 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Thanks for the warning, I intended to visit New Orleans on my next trip to the US but I'll skip it because it has really gone downhill like you say. You're right about the tourists too, I watched a video recently about a shooting in Bourbon street and it all just happens so fast, there really is nothing you can do to escape harm. I heard even the locals avoid it after 9 pm these days. Back to Las Vegas then, for the so manieth time. At least the strip is reasonably safe.
1 killed, 1 wounded in shootout on Las Vegas Strip - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

If you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 02:50 AM
 
2,053 posts, read 2,132,620 times
Reputation: 1894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
You're right, this is terrible. I may actually have been walking at that very spot because I always walk rather than drive. No New Orleans and Las Vegas for me anymore, back to Disney World then for the so manieth time. All the out of control crime in American cities will certainly affect tourism and revenue from tourism, it seems like no American city is safe anymore. Really a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 03:07 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,291 posts, read 1,264,855 times
Reputation: 730
Au revoir mon cher et bon chance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:30 AM
 
327 posts, read 325,428 times
Reputation: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post

You had to go back 5 months, nice job. You can find at least one violent crime in every US city within 5 months, so you post is ridiculous. Good try though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 AM
 
2,053 posts, read 2,132,620 times
Reputation: 1894
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson702 View Post
You had to go back 5 months, nice job. You can find at least one violent crime in every US city within 5 months, so you post is ridiculous. Good try though!
Sure, but if people get shot right in the middle of the tourist areas it is a sign cities are really getting really scary. So he's right. No more New Orleans or Las Vegas for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 04:42 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,291 posts, read 1,264,855 times
Reputation: 730
I got news for ya

Two People Shot in Building Lobby Near Times Square - WSJ
Police: 4 men shot to death in S.F.; no arrests

Hide yo kids an all dem der!!!

And I'm female
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top