Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,077 times

Advertisements

Let me revise my previous thread. Wealthy Mexican tourist descend on New Orleans. This is not a troll since I own properties in New Orleans. I wish the city would market to them now since other cities such as San Antonio, Austin, Miami , Houston and Atlanta are marketing to them. They are buying high end real estate in these cities. A lot of them that I talk to over the Holidays said they were very impress with NOLA and would not mind owning a house here or moving here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
It would help if we could support a direct flight to Mexico City.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 PM

105 posts, read 194,706 times
With a gain of wealthier residents I feel as though the city would gain a higher ethical appearance ( not that it doesnt already have so, but to foreigners the city is lacking high-end appeal ) that many Americans look for in their and others cities. I will say though that what most Americans look for ( that glamorous, materialistic sense and feel ) New Orleans does not have and never has in its history but is noted for its laid back, care free atmosphere, which is somewhat a total opposite to what many people ( not just Americans ) want and desire.

With great high paying residents the city will inevitably change for the better on a more high-end, commercial/ residential aspect which just may change the cities traditional pan in the same instance, As well as turn us into a more San Francisco type destination ( Highly Expensive ).

Personally, I dont think a push for following Austin, Houston, Miami etc. is in the character of New Orleans. We have always followed our own path, never actually involving ourselves in fads, one of the many things that show how unique our city is. In the past decades cities have changed through the likeness of New Orleans rather the other way around: So I doubt any big uproar will be put towards pulling " Deep pocketed Mexican tourist " into the already grand city of New Orleans, " It just ain't our style ".

Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 AM

What surprised me was that many preferred NOLA over the Texas cities.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
What surprised me was that many preferred NOLA over the Texas cities.
Nola is just amazing, who wouldn't. :P

Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM

I see they are really refurbishing the Treme and Marigny areas. If they could do that and impose a strict curfew(vagrancy) law that area would really appreciate. The streets need to be repaired.
NOLA is just maybe two major companies away from being back in the big leagues- Knowledge based with Tulane, Xavier, Dillard and UNO

Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I see they are really refurbishing the Treme and Marigny areas. If they could do that and impose a strict curfew(vagrancy) law that area would really appreciate. The streets need to be repaired.
NOLA is just maybe two major companies away from being back in the big leagues- Knowledge based with Tulane, Xavier, Dillard and UNO
I totally agree, that would be wonderful. I love both of those areas, the beautiful architecture of both have been dilapidated for sometime now, in respect of the people who once live in them and design those homes i would pick up a paint brush any day. The city of New Orleans deserves so much more than it gets, historic preservation seems to fall to the bottom of the list of every mayor elected, what a shame. Do they not know that tourist come greatly for a cities appearance not things like new city hall buildings. Ridiculous.

E.RR.Armoneaux for New Orleans Ma ... No ... Louisiana Governor .
I'll get things in check.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:42 AM

Any developments for the St. Roch and Bywater area. I was just thinking the same thing about painting these architectural wonders

Old 01-01-2012, 09:05 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Lets market for Central Americans and South Americans rather than strictly Mexicans.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:43 PM

I agree that we should also market to Brazil and other SA countries.

St Roch area????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: