U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 AM

59 posts, read 180,902 times

Advertisements

My family and I are coming to NOLA March 13, for a week's vacation, and I would like to know how will the weather be? I'm guessing that it should be like it is here in Jackson around that time; warm and sunny, with a little shower here and there. I was in NOLA in October and the weather was wonderful!

Will there be any festivals going on at this time?

What else is there for the children to do?. They have already been to the zoo and the aquarium. Is the Children Museum a good place to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 12:57 PM

191 posts, read 632,207 times
Quote:
Will there be any festivals going on at this time?
NOLA has one of the best St Patricks parades around (I went last year) and is very family friendly, just make sure the kids don't get bonked on the head by flying cabbage!
St. Patrick's Day events for 2009 - Festival News - NOLA.com (http://blog.nola.com/festivals/2008/02/st_patricks_day_events_for_200.html - broken link)

Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM

19,866 posts, read 58,685,674 times
Depending on the kids' ages and if you're here over the weekend, Storyland in CityPark is a wonderful place. There are a lot of things to climb in/on plus a small amusement park with flying horses and various rides. Even a small concession stand. Use the 'search this forum" to search for "storyland" and you'll see the pictures I posted last year for someone else.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,148,550 times
Children's Museum on Julia Street is great for kids. Loud and chaotic for adults, a little goes a long way.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM

4 posts, read 11,573 times
take a ride on the streetcar from one end to the other;
the scenery is great -
City Park has a place where there are rides for children (a train that rides around the park; a carousel; tea cups, etc.; there's also 'fairyland' where you walk through - you have to see it for yourself - it's fun for all children at any age. There's an art museum located in City Park - very nice.
there's boat cruises on the river - it doesn't cost very much.
there's things in the French Quarter for children as well - walk around St. Louis Cathedral - it's beautiful - go in the daytime for this.
There's great restaurants for kids as well. Landry's is right on Pontchartrain Blvd.
which is right on Lake Pontchartrain. It's very kid friendly - great seafood.
The Lake is beautiful day or night.
Lakeside Mall is in Metairie. There's restaurants and great shopping for take-home stuff.
There's an I-Max Theater in New Orleans - great feature films for all ages.
Take a tour on River Road - tour bus or drive yourself. Tour bus is easier. Call for info.
Have a great time!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,148,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBNO View Post
Lakeside Mall is in Metairie. There's restaurants and great shopping for take-home stuff.
I don't know many people who come to New Orleans to visit Lakeside Mall. Shopping Malls in the New Orleans area don't compare to Houston/Dallas/Atlanta/etc. There's too much to do in New Orleans to waste time at a third-rate mall.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM

42 posts, read 190,209 times
The weather should be great by then, but check weather.com just before you leave to be sure. Things can change here pretty quickly in the spring; its nothing to have the air on during the day and the heat at night, plus you never know when it might rain. A small, packable poncho would be a good idea. Have fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans