Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 AM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times

Advertisements

I am probably relocating to South Louisiana soon and am looking at the various areas to live. The Covington/Mandeville area seems to be very nice and growing suburban area, which makes it very noticeable that there is the absense of a nice shopping mall there. Do people cross the Causeway into the malls in Metairie/Kenner to do their shopping? What about the mall in Slidell--I have never been but pics I have seen are not that nice. Thanks for any insights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 AM

16 posts, read 114,462 times
North Shore Mall is in Hammond area. I'm sure there are others by now. Nearest factory Mall outlet is in Slidell or Gonzales. LakeSide Mall is at the foot of Causeway bridge on south shore. Kenner has Espanade Mall is near the Airport and easy to access from the interstate from western end of Lake.

North Shore of the Lake overbuilt and now have nice new homes in invetory and motiviated sellers. HBA of St. Tammany as well of HBA of New Orleans may be a good place to look for builders whom have houses in stock. The parade of homes in this area will be soon.

good luck

Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 AM

47 posts, read 161,989 times
When I lived in Slidell, we would go to Mandeville to shop or to the Lakeside Mall. That being said, I am not much of a "mall" shopper. I don't think I have been to the Lakeside Mall lately, but I have heard that it has gone more upscale. We also drove to Baton Rouge on the weekends to get away and the Mall of Louisiana is lovely.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM

167 posts, read 864,301 times
The closest malls to Mandeville/Covington are in Hammond and in Slidell. However, most people in the area don't need to travel to shop. There are several outdoor strip malls with most of the good stores. For example, there is an Ann Taylor, Victorias Secret, Old Navy, Gap, etc all on one of the main drags. If you are looking for a Macy's or Dilliards, you will have to make a mall trip. We always went to Lakeside Mall, which is right after crossing the lake bridge in Metairie.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM

30 posts, read 99,417 times
The outlet mall in Slidell is mainly empty, there is an outlet mall in Gulfport, MS. The regular Slidell mall isn't anything special, I hardly ever shop there. I usually go to the Lakeside Mall or I go up to Covington to one of the strip malls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans