Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I've been off the charts with all my going out of town longer than expected, a visitor for the new year, and my MG madness with couz and little sis, but WOW and YIPPEE, I've just heard they are working on a Pancho's Mexican Buffet on Airline Hwy!!!!!

Man did I love going downtown for that $1.99 all you can eat back in the day! I wanted to live in those little houses, hang out with the little mariachi band and who didn't love putting a penny in the fountain. Okay, it won't be like the one downtown, but I've been gunning for that chilie relleno and buckets of lovely cheese sauce ever since Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005. Yes, I drove out to Metairie and choose Pancho's as our last lunch and supper before evacuating for Katrina. I'm soooo excited I have to dance!!!! This is almost as good as when Rocky's came back to the parish!!!!!!

PS. Yeah, I know it is the lousiest mexican food ever, but I'm still craving!
Attached Thumbnails
Oh--My--GAWD!!!! PANCHO's is coming BACK!!!-images-2-.jpg   Oh--My--GAWD!!!! PANCHO's is coming BACK!!!-images-2-2-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 PM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,590 times
Don't forget raising the little flag to get more food! Keep it coming lady....

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,088 times
gross! panchos is nasty. wont miss it one bit once they finally get rid of the last one around here.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Sopapillas, Baby!!! Raise that dang flag, & bring on the butter and Honey!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM

Geez, how could I have forgotten all the arguments over who was going to raise the flag? Good stuff!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM

768 posts, read 4,385,445 times
They closed the one in Shreveport years ago, but the one in Bossier City was one of their first few stores and it's still open... and doing well I believe. I grew up on the place, and personally I like it but my wife hates it.

By the way, years ago there was a guy working at the Shreveport location began stalking certain customers and killed one customer and her entire family back in the 70s or 80s. He then moved away from here to Florida where he took to serial killing college coeds. Now I know this guy could have worked ANYWHERE, but it has always creeped me out that he worked at Pancho's and followed people home, stalked and planned to kill them.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Pancho's is offically open!! We went there today and it was so nuts we left, but I was carrying my camera today so at least I got a pic. I understand it's buffet only so I imagine there will be no little flags. What are the kids going to fight over now?!
Attached Thumbnails
Oh--My--GAWD!!!! PANCHO's is coming BACK!!!-dsc04984.jpg  

Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
and I thought my day couldn't get any better..

Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,649 times
Default It wont Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Yes it has opened..........

It was a big disappointment for me, here are my reasons why:

1) I work close to the location and visited the HOHO Super buffet on occasion; I think it was shut down for health reasons. No wonder it tasted yummy!!!! Not. The restaurant is exactly the same. Ok maybe a few new counters tops, but same tables and chairs. They colud have altleast updated the inside the building. The added a few Mexican items and picture on the wall. Sorry I feel cheated. If you can remember how run down Panchos had gotten in metairie, you will have some flashbacks once insde here

2) Line On the Outside!!!! Now pay once you get into the restaurant before you realize the following:

3) No more Cafeteria style serving - How long has this food been here? Ok maybe not today since the line is around the corner but once everyone realizes that some things are better in the past.....

4) Food set out on same buffet lines that HOHO Super buffet had. Which means that there is no longer even the appearance of fresh food from the kitchen? Freshness now depends on how many people are eating at the same time as you. Most of the time the things you ordered for 2nd's 3rd's and 4th's were fresher that what you got off the line in the 1st place.

5) Raise the Flag!! This seems to now no longer have any meaning except can I have some sour cream or guacamole. Now I don’t have any time to realize that I really don’t need a 6th helping of tacos.

6) My taste buds may have changed too cause I found it very.... bad. Well I planned to go back on Friday but now I'll think I’d just prefer taco bell........

$9.66 for lunch after taxes.......... for adult.

Very disappointed.

Last edited by bpbbyd1; 03-31-2009 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbbyd1 View Post
OMG Yes it has opened..........

It was a big disappointment for me, here are my reasons why:

1) I work close to the location and visited the HOHO Super buffet on occasion; I think it was shut down for health reasons. No wonder it tasted yummy!!!! Not. The restaurant is exactly the same. Ok maybe a few new counters tops, but same tables and chairs. They colud have altleast updated the inside the building. The added a few Mexican items and picture on the wall. Sorry I feel cheated. If you can remember how run down Panchos had gotten in metairie, you will have some flashbacks once insde here

2) Line On the Outside!!!! Now pay once you get into the restaurant before you realize the following:

3) No more Cafeteria style serving - How long has this food been here? Ok maybe not today since the line is around the corner but once everyone realizes that some things are better in the past.....

4) Food set out on same buffet lines that HOHO Super buffet had. Which means that there is no longer even the appearance of fresh food from the kitchen? Freshness now depends on how many people are eating at the same time as you. Most of the time the things you ordered for 2nd's 3rd's and 4th's were fresher that what you got off the line in the 1st place.

5) Raise the Flag!! This seems to now no longer have any meaning except can I have some sour cream or guacamole. Now I don’t have any time to realize that I really don’t need a 6th helping of tacos.

6) My taste buds may have changed too cause I found it very.... bad. Well I planned to go back on Friday but now I'll think I’d just prefer taco bell........

$9.66 for lunch after taxes.......... for adult.

Very disappointed.
This is all very sad to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans