Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM

47 posts, read 171,468 times

Advertisements

hi! i will be moving to new orleans in august & was wondering if anyone could give me any info about neighborhoods that would be good for a young (24 & 23 yr old) couple. i have been to new orleans more times than i can count, but i have only been in & around the French Quarter & a little in the Garden District (not enough to know anything about it really tho).
i recently stayed at a hotel on esplanade away from the noise of bourbon, etc, & loved that as well.
so i guess what im looking for is a cool area that is at least relatively SAFE (the safer the better of course), close to bars, shopping, etc.
are there more area/neighborhoods like that other outside of the french quarter? ..that are still pretty safe? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,234 times
Napoleon Ave. upriver to Audobon between Magazine and St. Charles.

But no where is 110% safe (but no city is...this ain't suburbia)

Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 PM

5 posts, read 10,230 times
Default Safe neighborhood

Hello young couple- we have a rental i block off of magazine st available mid june 2 br camel-back house- great neighborhood- we lived in the house for a year and a half and plan to live there again when we retire. Email mostroske@hotmail.com

Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 AM

6 posts, read 20,837 times
Definitely Uptown. The architecture is beautiful, you have Audobon park near and there are a lot of young people walking, running and riding bikes down the street. Everybody has porches and everyone socializes. You will be near shopping, cafes, bars and some terrific restaurants.

Lakeview is also decent but not nearly as interesting. You could have more of a yard there for the same price and it may be quieter. It is more boring however.

The Warehouse district is also cool if you really want bars, clubs and a more urban experience. I don't know that it's exactly safe but there really isn't totaly sterile portion of New Orleans...you'd have to go to the Northshore to find that.

Anyway, welcome to New Orleans. This is an amazing city to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans