Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 AM

185 posts, read 753,304 times

Advertisements

Anybody have any information on the Jazz Festival in April and May this year....ie, best hotels to stay, best restaurants, etc. Would appreciate info from locals or anyone who has already visited. I have never been and wish I had before its problems started......seems like a lovely place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 AM

42 posts, read 250,064 times
Hiya,
I went to the Jazz Fest about 8 or 10 years ago and it was a very nice experience althought that year was HOT and sunny. Back then the food was a bit pricey and I'd bet it would be even more so in post K New Orleans, but the food was to die for...sooo good. When I went you could not bring in outside food or water (I snuck some water in as they wanted $2 for 16oz) since they want you to buy theirs.If you plan on patronizing the local artists and eating all I can tell you is BRING MONEY. The festival attracts renowned singers/bands from across the country. There are arts and crafts to buy, local visual artist booths where you can buy prints, and originals and jewelry. I suggest that you bring something to sit on as there were no seats. I brought a blanket and pillows and sat on the grass in the shade. I listed to the music and had a nice time. The only drawback was the heat and so I didn't stay very long and left. The festival is in an open field so there was little or no shade to be found (bring umbrellas if your sun-sensitive and
sun screen). I believe back then I paid about $26 to get in(this does not include any food or drink). As far as local restaurants and hotels all I can tell you is go to the French Quarter for food(but the Jazz Fest is about 2-3 miles away from the FQ.) I caould go on and on but here is a link that may give you more info:

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/...subsectionID/0

and the official website is:

http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Last edited by Xcaped NOLA; 03-20-2007 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: wrong link

Old 03-20-2007, 10:39 AM

185 posts, read 753,304 times
Smile Thanks Xcaped NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcaped NOLA View Post
Hiya,
I went to the Jazz Fest about 8 or 10 years ago and it was a very nice experience althought that year was HOT and sunny. Back then the food was a bit pricey and I'd bet it would be even more so in post K New Orleans, but the food was to die for...sooo good. When I went you could not bring in outside food or water (I snuck some water in as they wanted $2 for 16oz) since they want you to buy theirs.If you plan on patronizing the local artists and eating all I can tell you is BRING MONEY. The festival attracts renowned singers/bands from across the country. There are arts and crafts to buy, local visual artist booths where you can buy prints, and originals and jewelry. I suggest that you bring something to sit on as there were no seats. I brought a blanket and pillows and sat on the grass in the shade. I listed to the music and had a nice time. The only drawback was the heat and so I didn't stay very long and left. The festival is in an open field so there was little or no shade to be found (bring umbrellas if your sun-sensitive and
sun screen). I believe back then I paid about $26 to get in(this does not include any food or drink). As far as local restaurants and hotels all I can tell you is go to the French Quarter for food(but the Jazz Fest is about 2-3 miles away from the FQ.) I caould go on and on but here is a link that may give you more info:

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/...subsectionID/0

and the official website is:

http://www.nojazzfest.com/
I appreciate your input and the info on the websites.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:02 PM

323 posts, read 1,128,879 times
hi,
go to www.nojazzfest.com/chat

the people at that forum will tell you everything you need to know.

btw, jazz fest is awesome.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:47 PM

7 posts, read 20,086 times
Talking All Jazz Fest Info, All the time

www.petdekat.com

Pet de Kat Chat Boards (post your Festin' Questions)

· PdKK's Helpful Hints for JazzFest First Timers!
(and seasoned pros)

· Swag's Jazz Fest FAQ
(an invalulable resource!)

· Gridded By Neen By Swag By Chris
(club listings)

· Travel Tips & Festival Packing List

OFFICIAL PAGES FROM WWW.NOJAZZFEST.COM

OFFICIAL JAZZ FEST TRAVEL PAGE

OFFICIAL JAZZ FEST CRAFTS PAGE

OFFICIAL FEST FOOD PAGE

OFFICIAL JAZZ FEST MUSIC SCHEDULE

THE Fest - New Orleans Jazz Fest

Each year during the last weekend of April and the first weekend in May, the festival of festivals, the party of parties, the musical celebration of life itself, "Jazz Fest" works it's magic on the multitudes that travel far and wide to take part.

And like all good pilgrims, the PDKK returns annually to the "sacred ground" for festivities and merry making!

From it's modest beginnings in Congo Square, "The Fest" has become a premier live musical event in the United States!

From "First Friday" to "Second Sunday" live music oozes from every pore of the beautiful and historic city of New Orleans!

PET DE KAT KREWE at JAZZ FEST

APRIL 27-29 AND MAY 4-6 2007

SCHEDULE OF ARTISTS FOR 2007 JAZZ FEST!
(Announced January 25, 2007)

GATHERINGS OF PET DE KAT KREWE DURING JAZZ FEST

Just a few festivities where you'll find the krewe during Jazz Fest

Happy Hour - after The Fest

Make a toast with the krewe on both Fest Fridays, just after the last show on the Fair Grounds. Head over to Liuzza's for happy hour, about 2 or 3 blocks from the Sauvage street entrance of Jazz Fest.
Map of Liuzza's

THE KREWE'S "DAZE BETWEEN" AND "UPTOWN BOIL" DID NOT OCCUR IN 2006 Due to Hurricane Katrina. If you'd like to organize or attend the DAZE BETWEEN party and Uptown Boil, check the message board.

GET TICKETS TO THE "THREADHEAD PATRY" !! http://home.cinci.rr.com/bman/2for06/patry06.htm (broken link)

Pet de Kat Uptown Boil

This is a great time to catch up with old friends and meet new ones at our laid back, afternoon affair. More details as they develop.

The Daze Between!

Being a loosely disorganized group, the Pet de Kat Krewe does not travel enmasse–so when it gets together you know IT'S A PARTY!

Bands who played at Pet de Kat DAZE BETWEEN parties in past years include: Carolyn Wonderland; The Dirty Dozen Brass Band; Chubby Carrier; The Wild Magnolias, Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes, Sonny Landreth, and The Radiators

hope this helps

Last edited by pelican state; 03-21-2007 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: double posted some info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans