Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,014,377 times

Advertisements

I'm supposed to be heading to the bank and Walgreens instead of lounging in front of the computer, but the cold I've got has me dragging. So I'm looking for reasons to motivate myself to head out. I see a book and think, "Okay, cool, I'll go to the library for a new book to read." Then I go, , "Oh yeah, ain't dere no more!" It's been four years, and I'm still going to places that don't exsist anymore. Makes me a little sad; I miss the way things were at times, but for the most part I try not to think about it.

Okay, enough of that, I'm heading to the bank then Walgreen's and will get a snowball as a reward for being good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,934,742 times
That'd be tough. I sorta do that in the sense of: "It'd be great to go to Frenchmen St/Pirates Alley tonight, lets stop off at du Monde first....oh yeah. Wrong country."
I only know places post-Katrina, but that doesnt mean I dont wanna go there!
But for y'all, it must be like part of you has gone as well.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 AM

9 posts, read 30,370 times
^ Are you in Australia Jacq63?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:18 AM

9 posts, read 30,370 times
Drouzin I can't even imagine what that must feel like!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,501,475 times
No, you're not the only one.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,014,377 times
Thanks WB; every now and then it's good to hear that it's still going on. Just making sure it's still normal, (a mental health check up). I haven't heard anyone else mention it in a while and of course I don't want to ask. Well, I mean I asked here, but I don't want to get on the phone with someone bring it up and then we start swapping Katrina stories and then it ruins your good/decent mood and theirs too.

Sasscam, it's a little weird when it happens, but in a strange way you get used to it.

Jacq, I bet you've got a count down going on for Halloween!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasscam View Post
^ Are you in Australia Jacq63?
Only physically.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Jacq, I bet you've got a count down going on for Halloween!
Nah, but theres about 30 days, 12 hours and 10 minutes to go I think.

Hey Drou, when we meet up, if you feel like saying 'ya know, I used to love going to (insert name of special place here) and I hate that it's gone now', dont hesitate..I think it's an important part of keeping NOLAs history alive. There was a whole nuther NOLA pre-Katrina, it's only right to remember and acknowledge it. There are so many levels to a catastrophe like that, and part of that are the scars that remain years after the physical event, regardless of the nature of that event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: