Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 PM

103 posts, read 268,961 times

Advertisements

Ill be in New Orleans saturday for the Tulane football game an was wondering what the best places to eat within a few minutes of the superdome was. Someone was telling me they had some good places around the zoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,627,090 times
With all that traffic, the zoo is not going to be "within a few minutes" of the Super Dome. Acually, it isn't that close any time.I don't know what's open downtown nearby now but someone else will advise you, I'm sure.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 PM

anyone? i know they gotta have good places to eat downtown

Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 PM

i Know last time i went to the superdome i ate at some place in the food court of that mall right next to the dome and they had some good poboys

Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,034,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpnkckr7 View Post
Ill be in New Orleans saturday for the Tulane football game an was wondering what the best places to eat within a few minutes of the superdome was. Someone was telling me they had some good places around the zoo.
You can try Vincent's Italian Cuisine on St. Charles Av. about 20 minutes from the dome.

Vincent's Italian Cuisine (http://www.vincentsitaliancuisine.com/html/neworlean.html - broken link)

Some of the best Italian Cuisine in town and worth the trip.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Vincent's

alpnkckr7 I forgot to tell you that Vincent's is only open for dinner on Saturday.

If you are looking for a great lunch place I would try R & O's on Old Hammond Highway in Bucktown. It's about a twenty minute ride to the dome from R & O's.

They have a great roast beef po-boy with gravy on it and also an awesome Italian salad.

Two places closer to the dome in the French Quarter are Cafe Maspero on Decatur St. and Acme Oyster House on Iberville St. I prefer Acme but both are good eats.

Also, don't believe when people tell you Mothers is good. The food is OK at best and over priced for what you get. Locals know better then to eat there. Don't get me wrong, years ago before it was sold to the new owners it was good but now it's not worth the trip.

if you're looking for something a little more upscale you can try either Mr. B's Bistro on Royal St. or Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse on Iberville St.

All of the above places are good and I'm sure that you will find something that you like at any one of them.

busta

Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,829 times
I can't say there's much within walking distance of the dome. A lot of places that are within walking distance are only open during the week for the CBD workers. There's a subway across the street on LaSalle. Anything nicer you'll need to go to the quarter, that's probably as close as you can get.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Is Johnnys poboys any good

Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, Johnny's on Saint Louis St. is good, not sure if they are open for the weekend, they close at 5pm Monday through Friday.

busta

Old 09-25-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:

If you were talking about Franky & Johnny's on Arabella St at Tchoupitoulas St., in the Garden District, they are even better.

http://www.frankyandjohnnys.com/

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: