U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,148,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Yes , I read your post . You said that everybody needs to live there at some point in their life , and I disagreed . What part of that do I need to explain again ?
You gave me your family history and then said that it is most definitely not for everyone...which I already stated. The OP will love it or hate it.

Last edited by MetroBTR; 11-04-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,331,678 times
Quote:
I really can't put it into words . I am just not comfortable with New Orleans . I have a large number of family members there and have spent time in their homes , in different parts of the city . NONE of the neighborhoods felt like somewhere I would want to call home . Add to that , the traffic , crime , corruption , etc . Nope . Just don't like it .
I can understand that, I think it's all relative to what we're used to. If I had to move to Baton Rouge or anywhere different from N.O. I would be uncomfortable too until I got used to everything. I can see the diff. coming from BR. Personally I couldn't live in Louisiana if I were anywhere but NOLA, me.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,793,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I can understand that, I think it's all relative to what we're used to. If I had to move to Baton Rouge or anywhere different from N.O. I would be uncomfortable too until I got used to everything. I can see the diff. coming from BR. Personally I couldn't live in Louisiana if I were anywhere but NOLA, me.
I respect that . Different strokes ...

Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,368,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Is the economy really alot better in New Orleans?
Everything is better here, come on down and enjoy yourself.

busta

Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,368,233 times
Quote:
I really can't put it into words . I am just not comfortable with New Orleans . I have a large number of family members there and have spent time in their homes , in different parts of the city . NONE of the neighborhoods felt like somewhere I would want to call home . Add to that , the traffic , crime , corruption , etc . Nope . Just don't like it .

Well if you make it back down here, my family and I would welcome you with open arms, dats how we do it here.

busta

Old 11-12-2009, 03:49 PM

63 posts, read 174,618 times
I visited NO several times. I loved it. Just didnt experience the tourist area's. Actually explored every bit of it (at least what you can in a week). Same problems in any other large metro area city. We even wandered into the more rural area's of the state. Very fascinating.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 941 times
Because NOLA is so different than any other US city (like San Fran and Miami-but no others can really make that claim) so I'd agree that even for a few months, just about anyone could learn a thing or two from time spend in NOLA...it's a one of a kind place and YES-hard to just sorta kinda like it...you love or hate the place at some point!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 AM

152 posts, read 436,645 times
Uh wasn't the original post about the economy here and not how much we either hate or love it here.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM

245 posts, read 412,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico82NO View Post
Uh wasn't the original post about the economy here and not how much we either hate or love it here.
Yes, it was. I'd say that much of South Louisiana is fairing well economically (relative to many other areas of the country) due to the oilfield. There's an extremely large and complex network of support industries for the oilfield. Many, many, many people are either employed directly in the field, or they're in fields that are indirectly, but heavily impacted by, the oilfield. However, with the current events in the Gulf, who knows what's next?

And before the nay-sayers begin popping off about how bad it is right now, I'm currently out on the West coast. Here, neither the mining industry, the technology industry, the alternative energy industry nor the tourism/gambling industry have the same ability to support the state as the oilfield does for LA. We're all quick to demonize the oilfield, especially "Big Oil". But the truth of the matter is that, even in spite of it's faults, it's the crutch that has the state propped up right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or