U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 PM

4,823 posts, read 6,315,315 times

Advertisements

Many years since I have been in New Orleans, October 30 & 31. What or where are the most fun adult activities? Eight adults are making this trip and leaving the kiddies with g'parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 AM

191 posts, read 627,660 times
I've been to NO twice for Halloween and as someone who doesn't have kids and stays away from 'family friendly fun' -- I will say that you're going to have a blast especially if you're staying in the Quarter. There are 2 parades that run through - try to catch at least one. The best areas to hang out, show off your costumes and people watch are naturally Bourbon St and the area outside of Molly's - we always stop at Pirates Alley to take a breather from the crowds. Last year we walked over to Frenchmen St but regretted it immediately - the entire street was so packed that you literally couldn't move - it was a riot waiting to happen and the atmosphere was actually scary with a really bad vibe - it took us about an hour to make our way through the crowd and get out of there, not sure if it's like that every year but based on that one experience we won't be going back to that area at least not late towards the end of the night like we did. Outside of NO, we've always wanted to make it to the House of Shock but still haven't gotten around to it - it's suppose to be awesome but maybe a little too scary for some people I've heard. There's also The Mortuary haunted house on Canal St but I also haven't been there and couldn't say if it's worth a visit or not. Check out Nola.com for more info on events and things to do for Halloween.

Have fun - wish I was there

Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 PM

104 posts, read 435,921 times
nola.com has a list of stuff:
Halloween in New Orleans - NOLA.com

and of course, there's voodoo fest:
2009 Voodoo Fest day-by-day music lineup released | Voodoo Music Fest - - NOLA.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans