U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-01-2009, 05:21 AM
 
3,219 posts, read 8,155,492 times
Reputation: 1422

Advertisements

Was NOLA safer and more prosper when the Goodfellas ran the city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Monroe!
430 posts, read 332,991 times
Reputation: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Was NOLA safer and more prosper when the Goodfellas ran the city
Man forget all that, The city is safer now more than ever since the Saints are 11-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who Dat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Da Parish
1,127 posts, read 4,613,846 times
Reputation: 998
I was reading a book way back when and recall an incident where the police chief was killed by the mob. Apparently there was some song or chant that went, "who killa da chief." Here's a bit I found on a blog you've just gotta scroll down a bit, Sippican Cottage: Who Kill-A Da Chief?. Apparently, "who killa da chief," was still used in my dad's childhood, (1920s-30s), when I asked him about it he knew about it.

Yeah thing were a bit tighter when the mob was big, but I don't think that had anything to do with the mob, so much as things were different back then. I'm not too sure I would be keen on someone being so powerful as to call a hit on Warren Riley.

WHO DAT!!!! WHOOOOOOO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,338,913 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
I was reading a book way back when and recall an incident where the police chief was killed by the mob. Apparently there was some song or chant that went, "who killa da chief." Here's a bit I found on a blog you've just gotta scroll down a bit, Sippican Cottage: Who Kill-A Da Chief?. Apparently, "who killa da chief," was still used in my dad's childhood, (1920s-30s), when I asked him about it he knew about it.

Yeah thing were a bit tighter when the mob was big, but I don't think that had anything to do with the mob, so much as things were different back then. I'm not too sure I would be keen on someone being so powerful as to call a hit on Warren Riley.

WHO DAT!!!! WHOOOOOOO!
Weren't a lot of people hanged after Hennessey was killed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Da Parish
1,127 posts, read 4,613,846 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Weren't a lot of people hanged after Hennessey was killed?
I want to say that I think so, but without the book I honestly can't say for sure. It was a LA history text book that was really good. Gone with the flood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM
 
1,347 posts, read 2,050,623 times
Reputation: 945
No point in asking questions and over romanticizing the "good old days"
They are over...and we have a lot of people who are working to make the future better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 06:05 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,845 posts, read 3,797,620 times
Reputation: 949
I disagree with saying " no point in asking questions ... " . This is a discussion forum and it was a legitimate question . The good old days might be over , but it's OK to talk about them and wonder " what if " .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 2,050,623 times
Reputation: 945
Point being...the old days were not so good to everyone.
And good times might still be to come...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,845 posts, read 3,797,620 times
Reputation: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Point being...the old days were not so good to everyone.
And good times might still be to come...
OK . That's YOUR opinion , and I respect that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 AM
 
9 posts, read 13,855 times
Reputation: 14
"Let the Good Times Roll" ...."Laissez le Bon Temps Roule "....Dem Ain'ts will be 12-0 on Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top