U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM

77 posts, read 160,478 times

Advertisements

anyone have any experience with this route?

Southwest doesn't allow even small dogs in the cabin.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,393,658 times
I was sitting behind a guy and his small dog on a recent flight from Houston to NOLA, and it was Southwest. Did it say this on their website, or did someone tell you? I cant tell you from personal experience since I dont have a dog, but I know what I saw in the seat in front. Cute.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,975,738 times
Delta has a 1-stop flight, LA, or maybe OC, to Salt Lake City, then non-stop to New Orleans. It soemetimes is a full-sized plane but more frequently one of the regional jets operated by SkyWest. I've flown this a lot and never seen a dog in cabin but then, I wasn't looking, either. Call and ask.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:06 PM

According to their website, SW allow small cats and dogs, as long as you travel with them, and they're vaccinated.

Southwest Airlines Travel Policies - Animals and Pets (http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/animals.html - broken link)

Hope this helps.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 PM

thanks, dears. I guess we got the wrong info. about SW--

Must look into this to visit again for spring.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM

7 posts, read 34,687 times
Speaking of Southwest, the flight I was about to book went from $75 to $125 each way literally overnight (PHL-MSY). Talk about being pissed. So now I'm taking a drive to Baltimore, meet up with a buddy for a beer, then take AirTran for $160 total.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Hmm. Never really used SW- that sucks about the weird rate hike. not too keen on Delta. wish Virgin flew to MSY!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:43 PM

That price hike is bad. I hope it doesnt happen too often. Hopefully the price will decrease again maybe.
Ive only had 4 flights with SW, one with Delta. SW were fine for the price and their inflight catalog was....entertaining to say the least. (Some of those products you have to see to believe).

One thing that helped a lot was to pay an extra $10 for early bird check-in online. You can do that months in advance I think. It ensured we were in the 'A' boarding group, with better seat choice and more overhead luggage room. The only time it was wasted was when our connecting flight was delayed. By the time we boarded for the second flight, both my partner and I had to sit in middle seats, separated from each other. That was fine, 'cept for the roller coaster ride the first few minutes as we climbed through a storm.

Bottom line, I'd fly SW to N.O again.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 PM

thanks for that tip. too bad they charge for online check in. I know some airlines don't but ten bucks sounds quite worth it in most instances.

I do love those inflight catalogs- what a hoot.

Read an article about a guy who collected barf bags from lots of airlines- interesting hobby I suppose.

Now back to planning a road trip too. woo.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM

The $10 was for early-bird check-in. You could probably still do a 'normal' online check-in free of charge. But it really was worth it, given they don't allocate seats. One time, I snagged the seat without a seat in front. That extra leg room made up for the flight where I had to sit in the middle seat. At 5'10 you appreciate every extra inch. I don't know how really tall people cope.

Road trip! Yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans