U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2015, 10:16 AM

14,198 posts, read 20,535,403 times

Advertisements

F Carolina.

Last thing I want is a division rival bragging like we do.

Plus my uncle has been living in Charlotte for 30 or so years and I don't wanna hear his mouth. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 05:08 PM

860 posts, read 982,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
F Carolina.

Last thing I want is a division rival bragging like we do.

Plus my uncle has been living in Charlotte for 30 or so years and I don't wanna hear his mouth. lol
I agree. If the Saints aren't in there I don't want any NFC South team in there. If I understand it right, we will be officially out after Seattle beats Cleveland. I would still love to see them win out, even if it does affect our draft. I think we have some good young talent on this team. Just need to build some confidence... BTW, what about that rumor that RG3 is on the Saints radar? I would be ok with him learning under Brees for a year.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM

629 posts, read 799,151 times
Also, i want the panthers to go undefeated because the 72 dolphins keep rubbing it in other teams' faces after a team who has the potential to go undefeated in a season loses...they were talking mad noise after the 07 patriots lost (18-1)

Old 12-22-2015, 07:40 AM

54 posts, read 136,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Call Me Freakin Crazy, me say the Saints got this, WHO DAT
And what "this" is it that they "got" that you're on about? Losing?

Because they got that for sure: they lost to the Detroit Lions.

That's just wrong. That's like losing to Jacksonville... oh wait - that's about to happen as well.

Mickey Loomis - destroying the Saints and the Pelicans at the same time. Wonderful.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:52 AM

54 posts, read 136,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
I agree. If the Saints aren't in there I don't want any NFC South team in there. If I understand it right, we will be officially out after Seattle beats Cleveland. I would still love to see them win out, even if it does affect our draft. I think we have some good young talent on this team. Just need to build some confidence... BTW, what about that rumor that RG3 is on the Saints radar? I would be ok with him learning under Brees for a year.
Griffin? I flat out refuse to call him with a number it's so idiotic.

He would be a horrible choice. He's proven to be as good as Tim Tebow.

The best thing that could happen to the Saints is:

Get rid of
Loomis
Strief
Browner
Byrd

Don't get rid of
Any of the running backs or receivers - you've seen how well that's turned out with letting Moore, Sproles and Ivory go.

Get Brees some help so he doesn't get killed - or trade him to a team that could win the Super Bowl, like Denver. Or send him to a team that is close to being able to contend, like Houston or Tennesse or Miami or the NYGiants - all of those teams need a good QB. Get a good receiver and he's got a better shot with any of those teams than with the Saints.

Coach Payton could go with him as well. If it's gonna crash harder than anticipated, why not get out? The best thing they did was get rid of Reggie. Then they did the next worst thing possible - they signed Graham and Galette to a huge contract (and soon after that bust Byrd and that huge mistake Browner) and got rid of Sproles, Moore, Ivory, Jenkins and Harper. All of those guys are kicking ass right now. Graham? Seattle is playing better without him.

When the door started to close, Loomis made sure the window closed too.

The destruction of the team is unforgivable. Mickey Loomis has got to go.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:43 AM

20,347 posts, read 20,326,614 times
Default 2015 Regular Season: Week 15 (2015-12-21) - Lions 35, Saints 27

I wonder how the Saints can explain their latest loss. How can they lose to the Lions? The defense must be bad under Dennis Allen as it was under Rob Ryan. It should not be only reason for the loss.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:45 AM

20,347 posts, read 20,326,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Carolina will choke as they always do. They will have homefield advantage and lose the first game.
In their 2014 postseason run, the Panthers (7-8-1) defeated the Cardinals in the wild card round, then lost to the Seahawks in the divisional round.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:02 PM

706 posts, read 847,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder how the Saints can explain their latest loss. How can they lose to the Lions? The defense must be bad under Dennis Allen as it was under Rob Ryan. It should not be only reason for the loss.
The defense will continue to be bad until they can get some good defensive players. Some of those players starting on defense aren't that good and are only starting due to injuries to the real starters. Also, the offense hasn't been doing as good this year as previous years. The o-line has been getting man-handled damn near every game providing little time for Brees in the pocket and little to no holes for RBs. I would put most of the blame on the offense for losing to the Lions by not being able to score early. The 3 nullified TDs in the last minute of the 2nd qtr last night just about sums up the Saints trouble with scoring much needed TDs this season.

Also, I don't think Payton running the clock down to 3 secs before the last play was all that smart...leave at least 20 secs on the clock so if there's a penalty and/or a 10 sec run off, you have time for one more play. They left themselves with no time on the clock after the ineligible man downfield penalty nullified the TD, and that's all on the coach.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGregg View Post
Griffin? I flat out refuse to call him with a number it's so idiotic.

He would be a horrible choice. He's proven to be as good as Tim Tebow.

The best thing that could happen to the Saints is:

Get rid of
Loomis
Strief
Browner
Byrd

Don't get rid of
Any of the running backs or receivers - you've seen how well that's turned out with letting Moore, Sproles and Ivory go.

Get Brees some help so he doesn't get killed - or trade him to a team that could win the Super Bowl, like Denver. Or send him to a team that is close to being able to contend, like Houston or Tennesse or Miami or the NYGiants - all of those teams need a good QB. Get a good receiver and he's got a better shot with any of those teams than with the Saints.

Coach Payton could go with him as well. If it's gonna crash harder than anticipated, why not get out? The best thing they did was get rid of Reggie. Then they did the next worst thing possible - they signed Graham and Galette to a huge contract (and soon after that bust Byrd and that huge mistake Browner) and got rid of Sproles, Moore, Ivory, Jenkins and Harper. All of those guys are kicking ass right now. Graham? Seattle is playing better without him.

When the door started to close, Loomis made sure the window closed too.

The destruction of the team is unforgivable. Mickey Loomis has got to go.
Robert Griffen played pretty well in his first season, then he got hurt, and hasn't had much of a chance since then. He could be a bust like you say, or he could turn it around and be our next franchise qb. Crazier things have happened. Look at someone like Alex Smith. He was considered a bust in San Fran, and now he's doing great in KC. If we could get RG3 for cheap and give him one year as a backup for Brees, I think it's worth a shot. Remember there were a lot of people who thought Brees was done when he signed with the Saints. It probably won't happen anyhow. It sounds like there are several teams that are interested, and would probably start him right away.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Oh well, at least we swept the Falcons. Should be an interesting off season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans