U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 02:08 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,425,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
5-0 Falcons........Who Dat...Cannot wait for a Thursday night blowout on National TV.
Yea baby, take that arse whopping in ure house, swept them Falcon, WHO DAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 10:16 AM

708 posts, read 850,508 times
lol @ the Failcons going 3-8 after starting 5-0

Old 01-04-2016, 03:53 PM

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e6&oe=57036C00
sure hope this post, lol.

Ah well better link than never

Old 01-06-2016, 01:53 PM

860 posts, read 985,387 times
After listening to some of Payton' s press conference, he sounds like a man who never considered leaving, loves this city, and is excited about a chance to turn it around. I know there is only so much he can say, but he sounded pretty sincere. I for one am happy that he's staying.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 PM

myself w/brees

Old 01-06-2016, 10:07 PM

20,389 posts, read 20,401,148 times
Payton may be staying for 2016. The coaching staff and the roster will need to undergo changes. If the Saints stay the course and start next season slow, it will be time to move on from Payton.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Payton may be staying for 2016. The coaching staff and the roster will need to undergo changes. If the Saints stay the course and start next season slow, it will be time to move on from Payton.
I'm not sure I agree, though I see what you're saying. I think what no one wants to admit, is that we are rebuilding, and I think he will get more than one year unless they just look terrible. I do agree that they need to make some roster changes... Just a thought, I wonder what Lovie Smith could do with this defense since Tampa fired him? I think he has always had some good defenses.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:42 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,627,322 times
Well SOMETHING needs to change. This team has let go of so much talent the last few years, and nearly all the guys they got rid of are doing what they used to do in New Orleans very well for their new teams. I cannot fathom some of the people they got rid of! Absolutely nuts. Whoever made those decisions needs to go themselves. And look how look it took to get rid of that inept doofus of a defensive coach. Someone, somewhere, is making some 24 caret, gold plated, dumb decisions. It's not the players (what they have left), it's that.

Please take Lovie Smith. Not that it will help us here in Florida getting rid of him. That was a foolish move. The Tampa problems are w/ the owner, not the coach or players.

Last edited by smarino; 01-07-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 AM

708 posts, read 850,508 times
I doubt the Saints will get Lovie as a DC. From what I've read, Payton trusts Dennis Allen a lot and he will probably be the fulltime DC. It would be great if Lovie could be our DC but I think he can still be a good HC somewhere and he may only be exploring that option.

Many on the defensive coaching staff need to go though. And also those in charge of evaluating draft classes and free agents. Most of our acquisitions in both of these areas the past few years have just been a total waste of money.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
I doubt the Saints will get Lovie as a DC. From what I've read, Payton trusts Dennis Allen a lot and he will probably be the fulltime DC. It would be great if Lovie could be our DC but I think he can still be a good HC somewhere and he may only be exploring that option.

Many on the defensive coaching staff need to go though. And also those in charge of evaluating draft classes and free agents. Most of our acquisitions in both of these areas the past few years have just been a total waste of money.
Couldn't have said it better. Sounds like they're happy with Allen. If they can get some pass rush going I think it will fix a lot of the problems on defense, and they did look a little better those last few games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans