U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM

14,198 posts, read 20,546,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
The D backfielsd is lacking....always has been. The Saints are a way better offensive team than defensive....you think not??? You think the DB's are good??? Please substantiate....

Vernon Davis didnt run burn Linebackers all day, those were DB's chasin him...
Oh I know. We still haven't seen them play. We have a new DC as well. At least wait until the first regular season game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,216 posts, read 1,644,755 times
Hey, Im as optimistic as the rest, but the draft is the start of adding new personnel...and they always go for the shiny car that never pays off...if u know what i mean.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Hey, Im as optimistic as the rest, but the draft is the start of adding new personnel...and they always go for the shiny car that never pays off...if u know what i mean.
That's not true at all. Loomis is great at drafting untapped potential. Yes Bush wasn't as great as he was at USC but he helped us get to Miami. Ingram is doing very well for a pass/play-action heavy offense. We have weapons at almost every position. Was Graham as bust? No he's the best TE in the league along with Grankowski. Was the decison to sign Drew a stupid one over Cutler? No, we have the best QB in the history of football. I don't doubt our draft picks, yet. Any improvement over last years season changing blitz by Williams will be a big one.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's not true at all. Loomis is great at drafting untapped potential. Yes Bush wasn't as great as he was at USC but he helped us get to Miami. Ingram is doing very well for a pass/play-action heavy offense. We have weapons at almost every position. Was Graham as bust? No he's the best TE in the league along with Grankowski. Was the decison to sign Drew a stupid one over Cutler? No, we have the best QB in the history of football. I don't doubt our draft picks, yet. Any improvement over last years season changing blitz by Williams will be a big one.
Ingram has done nothing. I never said that free agent aquisitions were the issue. I said the draft. Two different things: proven talent that he did not draft and iffy talent that he did. REPEAT---DRAFT.

Chargers drafted Drew Brees, good pick. Let him go after shoulder injury, bad choice. Graham benefits from Drew Brees. I dont see you heralding Jeremy Shockey though.....

Bush was a underutilized with his skill set.

They always have good DL's as I stated before. Why, cause they draft really good DL's. They never go high on DB's which is their achilles heel.

I think you seem to have ventured off from my original post...

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Ingram has done nothing. I never said that free agent aquisitions were the issue. I said the draft. Two different things: proven talent that he did not draft and iffy talent that he did. REPEAT---DRAFT.

Chargers drafted Drew Brees, good pick. Let him go after shoulder injury, bad choice. Graham benefits from Drew Brees. I dont see you heralding Jeremy Shockey though.....

Bush was a underutilized with his skill set.

They always have good DL's as I stated before. Why, cause they draft really good DL's. They never go high on DB's which is their achilles heel.

I think you seem to have ventured off from my original post...
Who have we drafted that were busts? Jeremy Shockey was a great TE for us. He made Brees look good on numerous pass plays. I don't like his attitudes but he was good on the field but I would never chose him over Graham.
Bush is not very good, he would have just fumbled or ran backwards if we gave him the ball more.

Don't our DTs drop back into coverage much of the time? Who would you have drafted instead?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Who have we drafted that were busts? Jeremy Shockey was a great TE for us. He made Brees look good on numerous pass plays. I don't like his attitudes but he was good on the field but I would never chose him over Graham.
Bush is not very good, he would have just fumbled or ran backwards if we gave him the ball more.

Don't our DTs drop back into coverage much of the time? Who would you have drafted instead?
My beef is with the defensive backfield. The front 7 are aight....but we never had a shutdown corner or really good deep safeties. The offense is a monster; dont draft ANYMORE first round running backs or o-lineman...get some depth at db!! We got Shockey on his decline...he was good but he wasnt a really big factor. What holds the Saints back is defense. We ALWAYS have a decent line, but the secondary is always suspect. And Reggie was never a 3 down back in college remember? He split time with Lyndell White. That was the bruiser and Reggie was all finesse. But he was a threat in the passing game! We just never utilized him enough. Besides on special teams. I hate "experts" but did you see that the experts gave the Saints an F grade for the draft? They didnt address any of the defensive needs. None....Watching the secondary get misused by tightends the whole game against the niners was sickening...Receivers only got thrown to sparingly in that game.

But hey, I agree to disagree with u..

Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
My beef is with the defensive backfield. The front 7 are aight....but we never had a shutdown corner or really good deep safeties. The offense is a monster; dont draft ANYMORE first round running backs or o-lineman...get some depth at db!! We got Shockey on his decline...he was good but he wasnt a really big factor. What holds the Saints back is defense. We ALWAYS have a decent line, but the secondary is always suspect. And Reggie was never a 3 down back in college remember? He split time with Lyndell White. That was the bruiser and Reggie was all finesse. But he was a threat in the passing game! We just never utilized him enough. Besides on special teams. I hate "experts" but did you see that the experts gave the Saints an F grade for the draft? They didnt address any of the defensive needs. None....Watching the secondary get misused by tightends the whole game against the niners was sickening...Receivers only got thrown to sparingly in that game.

But hey, I agree to disagree with u..
That's true about the backfield. I don't remember much of that season when Bush was in school.
Lmao at the experts. What do you mean bout the bolded part? I was at work while the game was on. The secondary is the backfield right? Wouldn't the LB's cover the TE's unless they were in zone coverage? Some football terms I haven't learned yet.

I don't think I disagree with you, yet..

Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM

The tight Ends, Tight Ends...they killed the Saints. Not the wideouts but the tight ends were runnin up and down the field. In man to man coverage with safeties!!!! A disgrace I tell you....

Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM

How Saints can survive losses of Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith - NFL.com

Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Goodell is a........, and a ..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans