U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,358,917 times
Reputation: 1442

Advertisements

We also lost Sproles today. Depending on the severity of his injury, we may miss him for a while. I've had a concussion before, and it can really ********* up for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,801 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
We also lost Sproles today. Depending on the severity of his injury, we may miss him for a while. I've had a concussion before, and it can really ********* up for quite a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Yeah, I heard concussions ain't no joke....how long did it take u to bounce back from yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:32 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,358,917 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Yeah, I heard concussions ain't no joke....how long did it take u to bounce back from yours?
I got it a little more than 3 years ago. As recently as a year ago, I would start slurring my words after just a few sips of beer. I don't think Sproles is going to have anything like those kind of problems, but yeah, they're bad. What happens when you get a concussion is that basically the pieces that hold your brain to your skull get ripped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,801 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
I got it a little more than 3 years ago. As recently as a year ago, I would start slurring my words after just a few sips of beer. I don't think Sproles is going to have anything like those kind of problems, but yeah, they're bad. What happens when you get a concussion is that basically the pieces that hold your brain to your skull get ripped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Sounds painful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,358,917 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Sounds painful!
I think most people are more dazed than in pain... Some QB a few years ago played the last series of a game with a concussion and couldn't even remember what happened. I didn't even know I had one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,213 posts, read 20,574,337 times
Reputation: 8992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
I got it a little more than 3 years ago. As recently as a year ago, I would start slurring my words after just a few sips of beer. I don't think Sproles is going to have anything like those kind of problems, but yeah, they're bad. What happens when you get a concussion is that basically the pieces that hold your brain to your skull get ripped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I thought the brain was held in suspense by some fluid that cushioned it from big blows. Should I go back and tell my biology teacher she was wrong? I did hate that woman..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,358,917 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I thought the brain was held in suspense by some fluid that cushioned it from big blows. Should I go back and tell my biology teacher she was wrong? I did hate that woman..
All I know is what my doctor told me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,801 times
Reputation: 309
Let's Defeat the cowgirls this Sunday...WHODAT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
 
1,373 posts, read 2,424,860 times
Reputation: 1043
I two dat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2013, 05:55 PM
 
Location: On the aggravation installment plan...
501 posts, read 689,418 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Let's Defeat the cowgirls this Sunday...WHODAT
+1 for that, but I must say the cowpatches have been doing considerably well this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top