U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-10-2014, 06:22 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,356,362 times
Reputation: 1442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Fastest receiver in the draft
The Big Promise of Brandin Cooks «

This guy looks like a diamond in the rough. A younger, bigger, faster Darren Sproles (Payton implies this http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun...l#incart_photo if that doesn't work, it's the "video of the day" on the front page of nola.com).

Last edited by Neworleansisprettygood; 05-10-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2014, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,246 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
The Big Promise of Brandin Cooks «

This guy looks like a diamond in the rough. A younger, bigger, faster Darren Sproles (Payton implies this Sean Payton talks about what 1st round pick Brandin Cooks can bring to Saints offense | Video - Video | NOLA.com if that doesn't work, it's the "video of the day" on the front page of nola.com).
Mannn...that dude is a beast....16 TD's and 1,700yds +receiving last year! Im ready for the season to get poppin today. We're going to be pretty good this season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 07:57 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,356,362 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Mannn...that dude is a beast....16 TD's and 1,700yds +receiving last year! Im ready for the season to get poppin today. We're going to be pretty good this season
I think we could actually be a better team than '09. On paper, at least, we already are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,246 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
I think we could actually be a better team than '09. On paper, at least, we already are.
Yep. The defense, on paper, already looks great, and people know what our offense is capable of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Denver
14,198 posts, read 20,556,124 times
Reputation: 8984
If we can keep Brees upright, that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,246 times
Reputation: 309
Yeah, his protection needs to step it up this season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,198 posts, read 20,556,124 times
Reputation: 8984
Also we have to diversify the offense. Screen!, Screen!, pass, punt just ain't cutting it. People are angry we cut Sproles, I'm happy personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,246 times
Reputation: 309
The screen game is getting predictable...thats part of the reason Seattle beat us. If payton adds some new wrinkles in the offensive playbook, I have a feeling we'll do some damage to plenty defenses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,356,362 times
Reputation: 1442
I wasn't happy we cut Sproles because a. I liked him and b. without him, we *were* missing that extra dimension to our offense(were because I have a lot of faith in Cooks). I still think the screen could work but it got to the point where I could tell before they even lined up whether Payton was going to run or pass on that play. And of course the Seattle game was just a barrage of screens that went nowhere.

And sconley, that's what I was thinking about the D. With the addition of Byrd, we have that ballhawk we did in Sharper, but I also think Keenan Lewis doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves- I've seen him graded as one of the top two or three (maybe even #1) CBs in the league. What I like about the D is that it has the solid playcalling that Ryan brings, and on top of that between our two safeties opposing QBs should be having nightmares of pick-6's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2014, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 800,246 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
I wasn't happy we cut Sproles because a. I liked him and b. without him, we *were* missing that extra dimension to our offense(were because I have a lot of faith in Cooks). I still think the screen could work but it got to the point where I could tell before they even lined up whether Payton was going to run or pass on that play. And of course the Seattle game was just a barrage of screens that went nowhere.

And sconley, that's what I was thinking about the D. With the addition of Byrd, we have that ballhawk we did in Sharper, but I also think Keenan Lewis doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves- I've seen him graded as one of the top two or three (maybe even #1) CBs in the league. What I like about the D is that it has the solid playcalling that Ryan brings, and on top of that between our two safeties opposing QBs should be having nightmares of pick-6's.
You're spot on with what you said....I liked Sproles in the offense but I knew that the Saints scouts knew what they were doing with releasing him because it seems that they always find a good player in the draft.....they saved money too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top