U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 09:17 PM

14,213 posts, read 20,570,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
I wasn't happy we cut Sproles because a. I liked him and b. without him, we *were* missing that extra dimension to our offense(were because I have a lot of faith in Cooks). I still think the screen could work but it got to the point where I could tell before they even lined up whether Payton was going to run or pass on that play. And of course the Seattle game was just a barrage of screens that went nowhere.

And sconley, that's what I was thinking about the D. With the addition of Byrd, we have that ballhawk we did in Sharper, but I also think Keenan Lewis doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves- I've seen him graded as one of the top two or three (maybe even #1) CBs in the league. What I like about the D is that it has the solid playcalling that Ryan brings, and on top of that between our two safeties opposing QBs should be having nightmares of pick-6's.
Everyone loved him, no doubt. Although everyone knew about that extra dimension and it got us little result last season. Payton will never change his style so the screen will always be there but it can work just fine with someone not named Sproles for cheaper.

Agreed about Lewis, very solid player. Excited for August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 5,560 times
Default Saints 'n da brees

SAINTS 'N DA BREES.

Dis da last year for BREESY BIG BUCKS.
The chances of Drew going back to the Super Bowl are slim and slimmer.
Ham and Peyton Manning want to retire and start their own NFL franchise in some places like yeah zoo Mississippi. They could hire Brett Favre as their head coach.
All kidding aside though this is going to be a tough year for the Saints. Since they let so many playmakers go in the offseason, it looks like to mee they are rebuilding. Unfortunately like so many times in the past this whole ordeal may come back and bite them in the arse.

Even the prayers of the Unknown Who Dat Can't help them. Oh well.
WHO DAT NATIO GIT IT ON!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:01 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,358,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Chaser 65 View Post
SAINTS 'N DA BREES.

Ham and Peyton Manning want to retire and start their own NFL franchise in some places like yeah zoo Mississippi. They could hire Brett Favre as their head coach.
All kidding aside though this is going to be a tough year for the Saints. Since they let so many playmakers go in the offseason, it looks like to mee they are rebuilding. Unfortunately like so many times in the past this whole ordeal may come back and bite them in the arse.

WHO DAT NATIO GIT IT ON!
I don't think they're rebuilding it all. I think we're primed for another Super Bowl run.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
SAINTS 'N DA BREES.

WHO DAT NATIO GIT IT ON!
You need to meet Mr. Loomis.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,560 times
Default How About Dem ....Predictability

Meet Mr Loomis? Will Mickey be wearing his Mouseka Ears?
'Cos he didn't seem to be listening when Saints fans wanted to see a better Defence..

The NFL has been so predictable since the Miami Dolphins, went. undefeated. The games look staged. Like some weird and choreographed ballet. So tell me how you think Mickey can change that perception.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,358,368 times
Quote:
Meet Mr Loomis? Will Mickey be wearing his Mouseka Ears?
'Cos he didn't seem to be listening when Saints fans wanted to see a better Defence..

The NFL has been so predictable since the Miami Dolphins, went. undefeated. The games look staged. Like some weird and choreographed ballet. So tell me how you think Mickey can change that perception.
You didn't think the defense was markedly improved last year? Do you not like the signing of Byrd?

Last edited by Neworleansisprettygood; 07-25-2014 at 08:17 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Anyone see Drew playing to 45?!

Potentially I could see it happen, hope it's in the black and gold!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:55 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,424,530 times

Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM

629 posts, read 800,801 times
Defense is looking pretty good...should be in the top 5 again this year....we already know that the offense is a beast.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:26 PM

Last season we weren't as sharp on offense. I'm excited to sweep the Falcons though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans