U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 PM
 
Location: nola
860 posts, read 983,017 times
Reputation: 489

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
This needs to happen
Blasphemy! New Orleans would explode. Seriously though, I think he still has a couple good years. If that happens you can officially call it a rebuild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2015, 01:10 PM
 
Location: nola
860 posts, read 983,017 times
Reputation: 489
Finally a cornerback. I don't know much about Browner, but for sure a nice upgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2015, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,887 posts, read 2,475,892 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
Finally a cornerback. I don't know much about Browner, but for sure a nice upgrade.
This is a good addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2015, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 799,729 times
Reputation: 309
Big, physical cornerback...good pick up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 799,729 times
Reputation: 309
Finally, corey white is no longer a saint as of march 13, 2015...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,887 posts, read 2,475,892 times
Reputation: 1595
Man oh man....not sure about the C.J. Spiller pickup

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...agree-contract
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Michoud Area/ New Orleans
629 posts, read 799,729 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Man oh man....not sure about the C.J. Spiller pickup

C.J. Spiller, New Orleans Saints agree to contract - ESPN
He's a pretty good back and will help in the screen game and catching the ball from the backfield...the saints really need defensive players thats why they're going the route they're taking by getting rid of some offensive players
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,887 posts, read 2,475,892 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
He's a pretty good back and will help in the screen game and catching the ball from the backfield...the saints really need defensive players thats why they're going the route they're taking by getting rid of some offensive players
Sounds ok, but this guy has spent the past 2 seasons playing(unsuccessfully so) through numerous injuries. I don't see him being a real asset to our roster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 11:51 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,354,117 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Sounds ok, but this guy has spent the past 2 seasons playing(unsuccessfully so) through numerous injuries. I don't see him being a real asset to our roster.
So now we have two RBs who will both be well paid and vying for the #1 slot.

Spiller will be paid quite a bit more than PT was. And now we no longer have Stills, but have this LB who, although he's agreed to a pay cut, was scheduled to make 8+ mill while Stills cost less than 700k. Blowing up the roster is one thing, but this all seems scattershot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,887 posts, read 2,475,892 times
Reputation: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
So now we have two RBs who will both be well paid and vying for the #1 slot.

Spiller will be paid quite a bit more than PT was. And now we no longer have Stills, but have this LB who, although he's agreed to a pay cut, was scheduled to make 8+ mill while Stills cost less than 700k. Blowing up the roster is one thing, but this all seems scattershot.
Agreed. I struggle to see the overall strategy here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top