Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 05:33 PM

860 posts, read 1,186,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I predicted this could happen sooner than later. It happened yesterday.

Rob Ryan has been fired by the Saints. Dennis Allen takes over as defensive coordinator.
You get a gold star sticker. Can you predict the Saints turning it around and winning a super bowl this year? Please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 07:07 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,820,688 times
This is the sad truth:

The Saints are not going to get better with Rob Ryan gone and Dennis Allen at head of DC position.

The real problem is that the owner Tom Benson is going senile and is controlled by his wife Gayle.

Loomis and Payton have a large influence on Gayle and Gayle knows nothing about football.

They want her to influence Tom to keep control so they can sit cushy.

The fact is that Rita Benson Leblanc was groomed from childhood to assume the role of owner of the Saints. She has what it takes to clean this mess up. She would fire Loomis, Payton, and probably even Brees and start with a clean slate.

This is the truth folks. Nothing less than a thorough housecleaning is going to resolve issues. Rita Benson Leblanc must be nominated by the judge to keep control of the Saints upon Tom Benson's passing, or the Saints are going to keep getting worse.

They are not going to go better than 8-8 this season. Take that to the bank. Most likely 7-9 or 6-10.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:23 PM

I still think that Sean Payton is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL today. If we could just fix our defensive problems we would be ok. I don't think starting over is the answer. Just my opinion. Who is available that can do a better job?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
I still think that Sean Payton is one of the best offensive minds in the NFL today. If we could just fix our defensive problems we would be ok. I don't think starting over is the answer. Just my opinion. Who is available that can do a better job?
Jim Schwartz, he's used to playing in domes and Jim Harbaugh to name a couple.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:52 AM

21,007 posts, read 27,070,643 times
Quote:
You get a gold star sticker. Can you predict the Saints turning it around and winning a super bowl this year? Please?
This is not the Saints' year. They have more problems than defense to worry about.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
This is the sad truth:

The Saints are not going to get better with Rob Ryan gone and Dennis Allen at head of DC position.

The real problem is that the owner Tom Benson is going senile and is controlled by his wife Gayle.

Loomis and Payton have a large influence on Gayle and Gayle knows nothing about football.

They want her to influence Tom to keep control so they can sit cushy.

The fact is that Rita Benson Leblanc was groomed from childhood to assume the role of owner of the Saints. She has what it takes to clean this mess up. She would fire Loomis, Payton, and probably even Brees and start with a clean slate.

This is the truth folks. Nothing less than a thorough housecleaning is going to resolve issues. Rita Benson Leblanc must be nominated by the judge to keep control of the Saints upon Tom Benson's passing, or the Saints are going to keep getting worse.

They are not going to go better than 8-8 this season. Take that to the bank. Most likely 7-9 or 6-10.
Aside from the Saints' ownership issue, you are right about the Saints not finishing with a losing record and issues beyond whoever is the defensive coordinator. The Saints need a clean slate with new coaches and a rebuild.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
After a horrendous coaching tenure with the Lions and a brief stint as defensive coordinator for the Bills, Schwartz is not the best option to coordinate the Saints' defense. He would be a duplicate of Ryan.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
After a horrendous coaching tenure with the Lions and a brief stint as defensive coordinator for the Bills, Schwartz is not the best option to coordinate the Saints' defense. He would be a duplicate of Ryan.
I was referring to head coach. The Lions were doing alright under him and he is defense minded, which we need.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Didn't Jim Harbaugh just leave San Fran for Michigan? Will he leave that quickly, without making them better? If so I don't want him. In fact, I don't want him anyhow. I don't think he's better than Payton. Give me a good defensive coordinator, and I'm happy with Payton. That's how I feel, I might regret it later.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:47 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,155,006 times
Payton probably has alot to do with the failure of our defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans