U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Location: Wilmington, NC for now... By summer of 2011? Cobb County?
63 posts, read 187,308 times

Advertisements

Anyone down there know anything about this property? How safe/ unsafe, etc is surrounding area. It's near City Park. How is that area almost 5 years after Katrina? Have a wife and daughter in kindergarten. I work in film biz so work 14+ hours, different times of day. Daily commute doesn't apply as the filming locations tend to change almost daily. Want safe place for family, with lots of other families around.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,334,101 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...arc-bayou.html

Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Location: Wilmington, NC for now... By summer of 2011? Cobb County?
63 posts, read 187,308 times
Thanks for the link. But, if anybody knows anything, please share.
Thanks, y'all.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,370,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfilm View Post
Thanks for the link. But, if anybody knows anything, please share.
Thanks, y'all.

Well you couldn't pay me to live there, or even in that neighborhood.

You can rebuild it completely as they did but it's still the projects when all is said and done.

busta

Old 01-22-2010, 03:58 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,334,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post

Well you couldn't pay me to live there, or even in that neighborhood.

You can rebuild it completely as they did but it's still the projects when all is said and done.

busta

Well most of the new developments including most of those on Tulane are partially section 8 and they look good so far. I don't know what will happen on the future and I don't know what goes own inside of the buildings, but from the outside they look good, with the exception of that rainbow colored place (I think it's "The Terraces @ Tulane" or something).

Old 05-03-2010, 01:26 PM

391 posts, read 484,576 times
I'm living thier with my family and I think it's going to be a great experience.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 10,059 times
I am in the process of moving to Colombia Parc and I believe it will be a great experience!! Out of all the redevelopments this one by far is the best looking one!!!! Not to mention they have at least 1 - 3 police officers on every block. each block have their own courtesy officer, while off duty officers will be patroling the area at night and possibly 24 hrs on weekends!!! Each block have their own access cards to their block, so no one from another block can enter another block with that access card, you would have to know someone to enter the block you don't live in!!

As far as I see ...... THESE WILL BE THE BEST APARTMENTS IN THE CITY!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 07:22 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,370,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by METRO504 View Post
Not to mention they have at least 1 - 3 police officers on every block. each block have their own courtesy officer, while off duty officers will be patroling the area at night and possibly 24 hrs on weekends!!!
Crap, if you need that much protection to live in your own home, have at it.

busta

Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 PM

391 posts, read 484,576 times
@ Bustaduke - If people don't move into these developments who would live in them? I think the only reason they have so much security is because of the mixed income aspect of the development. If people like myself don't feel a sense of security in our neighborhood we wouldn't move in. We have been living here a month and we don't have any complaints. What part of town do you stay in Mr. Duke?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,745 times
Have you visited the place yet? Definitely redefined the entire neighborhood and honestly, I'm impressed by how much more I can rent and get in amenities at Columbia Parc when compared to other new communities in town. I did a lot of checking on the management team which really tells the story as to how well a property is going to be once you move in. They are self-managed which means the same folks building it are responsible for its daily operations and satisfaction of the residents which has always proven a great way to forecast long term success of a property in my experience renting for the past 10+ years. I'm new to the area and happy that I'm not jaded by what "used" to be the area. Very cool place and I feel pretty damn lucky to call it home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans