U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
42 posts, read 99,344 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Sorry RSG, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were talking about the south in general but you were talking about south La.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,263,603 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse3 View Post
Sorry RSG, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were talking about the south in general but you were talking about south La.
No worries Seahorse, and thank you for your welcome!!

I don't think anyone can deny that Louisiana is truly Southern through and through, which is a great positive in my mind. Can't wait to explore every nook and cranny of the state.

I think the popular imagery of the state - the trees dripping with Spanish moss, the alligator bayous, the stately manors and haunted plantations, is what first draws people to the state to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Da Parish
1,127 posts, read 4,614,521 times
Reputation: 998
Okay, my little Mardi Gras story... There I am, Satan, heading down the street poking random people with my pitchfork and telling them that the devil made me do it, when this guy grabs my by the arm and pulls me out from in front of a moving car. I thank him and look up and see that it's Jesus. Actually it's "Gerald Jesus." He's in a white bathrobe, a wig, sandals and a halo. Someone thought it was funny to see Satan and Jesus together and so people asked for pics. When we posed Gerald Jesus made to grab a certain part of Satan's upper body. So what have we learned? Gerald Jesus saves, but has a little devil in him.

I really didn't take many pics this year. Juggling the pitchfork and camera trying to take a pic kind of made me think twice before I pulled out the camera, but here are a few shots of some of my favorite costumes out there.
Attached Thumbnails
'laissez les bons temps rouler-dsc05855.jpg   'laissez les bons temps rouler-dsc05849.jpg   'laissez les bons temps rouler-dsc05860.jpg   'laissez les bons temps rouler-dsc05867.jpg  

Last edited by Drouzin; 02-18-2010 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,114 posts, read 25,503,163 times
Reputation: 11200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Okay, my little Mardi Gras story... There I am, Satan, heading down the street poking random people with my pitchfork and telling them that the devil made me do it, when this guy grabs my by the arm and pulls me out from in front of a moving car. I thank him and look up and see that it's Jesus. Actually it's "Gerald Jesus." He's in a white bathrobe, a wig, sandals and a halo. Someone thought it was funny to see Satan and Jesus together and so people asked for pics. When we posed Gerald Jesus made to grab a certain part of Satan's upper body. So what have we learned? Gerald Jesus saves, but has a little devil in him.
Too funny..love the pics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,114 posts, read 25,503,163 times
Reputation: 11200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
No worries Seahorse, and thank you for your welcome!!
I don't think anyone can deny that Louisiana is truly Southern through and through, which is a great positive in my mind. Can't wait to explore every nook and cranny of the state.

I think the popular imagery of the state - the trees dripping with Spanish moss, the alligator bayous, the stately manors and haunted plantations, is what first draws people to the state to visit.
Ditto ...thank you for the welcome
I know under my name it says " Forever a Yankee" lol.. but that is because I can not change from where I come from ...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
 
881 posts, read 1,000,268 times
Reputation: 1785
I'm in NJ. I want to move to LA so bad. It will happen, but I fear not soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2010, 04:38 AM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,263,603 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
I'm in NJ. I want to move to LA so bad. It will happen, but I fear not soon enough.
Perhaps there needs to be a new sub-forum: New Jerseyites who want to move to Louisiana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
 
Location: City of Central
1,845 posts, read 3,798,545 times
Reputation: 949
I work with a guy from New Jersey . Ya'll want him back ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2010, 04:18 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,263,603 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I work with a guy from New Jersey . Ya'll want him back ?
Uh oh, if he's one of those Jersey boys, you'd best keep him for us. Or give him to Arkansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA/Lk Hopatcong NJ
13,114 posts, read 25,503,163 times
Reputation: 11200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Uh oh, if he's one of those Jersey boys, you'd best keep him for us. Or give him to Arkansas
Nah...give him to Texas...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top