U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 PM

404 posts, read 567,543 times

Advertisements

I want to know what do locals think of their particular neighborhoods. This will not be a neighborhood bashing thread. Just post your reason why you believe your neighborhood is the BEST neighborhood in New Orleans. I look forward to hearing everyone's comments.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM

82 posts, read 273,104 times
I think the best spot to live in New Orleans is out on River Road. I'm not quite sure of the name of the area, but its somewhat close to the zoo and its a clean area with nice homes and apartments.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 14,699 times
Default betty

What about for a single person (female)where is the best place to live in New Orleans?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 AM

38 posts, read 88,337 times
My (biased but whose isn't) opinion: the CBD. Lots of places within walking distance to eat and drink. Easy walking distance to the French Quarter, convenience to streetcars.

Some argue it doesn't have as much of the "real New Orleans" feel, and that's true to some extent. But I like the urban surroundings - very walkable - and easy access to the other more stereotypical New Orleans neighborhoods.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 PM

82 posts, read 273,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corobi View Post
What about for a single person (female)where is the best place to live in New Orleans?
I'm not too sure on a place for a single female. Personally speaking I wouldn't live in New Orleans as a female alone, that's just my opinion though.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:45 PM

404 posts, read 567,543 times
If I was sinlge again and a female (which I'm not) I would live in the Warehouse District in a snazzy condo or the Mid-City area. When I say Mid-City I mean the area that borders Jeff Davis, Banks, the cemetery, City Park Ave., and Bayou St. John. When I say the Warehouse District I mean the area that borders Crescent City Connection, the River, Poydras, and St. Charles Ave.
I choose MC because it's close to downtown and they have a few neighborhood bars which are great places to other like minded people. WD is great because it's walking distance to the FQ without the traffic and a bunch of hip, edgy, young energy. The only reason I don't live in the WD is because of child (soon to be children in August). Hope this helps.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,194,169 times
I am single and female...and I live alone Uptown between Mag and the river near Jefferson Ave.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,481 posts, read 2,004,516 times
Probably anywhere but the lower/upper 9th ward, the East and chilly Gentilly since rebuilding is slow. Im from uptown and there are tons of areas there. Take ur pick.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 10,588 times
I am a single female over 50 moving to New Orleans from Ohio . Any suggestions on good areas. Needing something small near trolley transportation

Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 10,588 times
Any good realtors in New Orleans for apartment or condo shoppong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans