Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 PM

307 posts, read 802,209 times

Advertisements

I know it's kind of late to be asking, but is there anything going on in the next day or two in the area in the way of festivals or anything. At home we always had Drag Boat Racing Nationals over the weekend, just didn't know if there were many official type things going on around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 AM

42 posts, read 161,331 times
You just missed the excellent N.O. Wine and Food Experience, but today there's the Greek Festival on Bayou St. John and the Big Easy Comedy Festival at UNO. Especially as a citizen of the region now, you may want to participate in a BP oil spill protest rally starting at 1:00pm in Jackson Square today.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiten View Post
You just missed the excellent N.O. Wine and Food Experience, but today there's the Greek Festival on Bayou St. John and the Big Easy Comedy Festival at UNO. Especially as a citizen of the region now, you may want to participate in a BP oil spill protest rally starting at 1:00pm in Jackson Square today.
Ironically, the New Orleans Oyster Festival is next weekend and the Louisiana Seafood Festival is the following weekend...

Old 05-30-2010, 09:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,352,413 times
Quote:
you may want to participate in a BP oil spill protest rally starting at 1:00pm in Jackson Square today.
Why not volunteer to help clean up instead ? Do something constructive .

Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcintyre1s View Post
I know it's kind of late to be asking, but is there anything going on in the next day or two in the area in the way of festivals or anything. At home we always had Drag Boat Racing Nationals over the weekend, just didn't know if there were many official type things going on around here.
You could head over to Lafayette for the Cajun Heartland State fair for music, games, and rides.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Why not volunteer to help clean up instead ? Do something constructive .
Surely we all should be constructive as best we can in this terrible situation. But don't forget that "we" includes BP and the federal government. If you truly believe that they're doing their constructive best then I understand why you see no reason to protest.

Incidentally, among other actions, I've volunteered about 30 hours so far to collect food in preparation for what is certain to be a very long and difficult recovery period when many of our fellow Louisianians along the coast will have no reliable means of a livelihood. And you?

Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,352,413 times
Quote:
Surely we all should be constructive as best we can in this terrible situation. But don't forget that "we" includes BP and the federal government. If you truly believe that they're doing their constructive best then I understand why you see no reason to protest.

Incidentally, among other actions, I've volunteered about 30 hours so far to collect food in preparation for what is certain to be a very long and difficult recovery period when many of our fellow Louisianians along the coast will have no reliable means of a livelihood. And you?
Nobody said that BP or the Federal Gov. is doing their best . I just believe that standing in the heat , waving a sign etc. , is a waste of time .

As for my efforts , I have part interest in a camp in Cocodrie . I'll be doing my own clean up . Thanks for asking .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans