Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 09:14 AM

30 posts, read 50,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky1025 View Post
I'm getting really annoyed with NYCHA, I was chosen for an apartment at Meltzer Houses in the East Village, transferring out of Vladick Houses, this was in November 2020, they gave me two week to give them the money, it's now February 2021 and no apartment, office said don't call us We'll call you when apartment is ready, I've reached out to my City Council and they are looking into the problem, next I call the press, NYCHA is already know as the worst landlord in the City.
Did you move already? I have been waiting since the first week of February, the apartment was in very bad shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 10:08 AM

15 posts, read 9,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulumv View Post
Did you move already? I have been waiting since the first week of February, the apartment was in very bad shape.
FYI, we signed lease on 04/2020 and got the keys on 03/2021.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:06 PM

21 posts, read 33,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whz1234 View Post
FYI, we signed lease on 04/2020 and got the keys on 03/2021.
Oh my gosh! I’m currently in a shelter and got selected back in March. Still haven’t heard anything

Old 06-23-2021, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 878 times
I was mailed a letter May 26 stating I been selected for an apartment in Grant Houses it now a month later and I been calling and they said they will call me when the apartment is ready to view. Every time I call they tell me something different. Last week they told me is going to be one more week. And when I called on Monday the lady told me there is no time frame.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 3,517 times
I am in the shelter. I've been here since October 2019. I applied for nycha in July of 2019. I became certified April 2021. On June 21 I received an email stating that I was chosen for a 2br in Albany projects in Brooklyn. That same day, I got a call from nycha asking if i wanted to come and see the apt on June 28th. But, when she found out I was in the shelter and DHS was handling my case, she told me to disregard the appointment to see the apt. She then told me that the apartment needed to be repaired. Does anyone know how long this could be?

Old 06-28-2021, 05:36 PM

76 posts, read 114,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree0507 View Post
I am in the shelter. I've been here since October 2019. I applied for nycha in July of 2019. I became certified April 2021. On June 21 I received an email stating that I was chosen for a 2br in Albany projects in Brooklyn. That same day, I got a call from nycha asking if i wanted to come and see the apt on June 28th. But, when she found out I was in the shelter and DHS was handling my case, she told me to disregard the appointment to see the apt. She then told me that the apartment needed to be repaired. Does anyone know how long this could be?
I heard up to 2 months

Old 09-27-2021, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 3,517 times
It's crazy. They keep blaming everything on Covid. Everytime you ask them how long, they say they dont know and its because of covid that the repairs arent being made. Well, someone actually knocked on the apartment door and said it was a note on the door. It said that they were trying to get inside to do an inspection and this was the third time they came there. If this is supposed to be my apt, should management know to have the door ppen for these peope to come and fix the apartment? Smh NYCHA is working my nerves and i havent even moved in yet.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,060 times
I was approved for a transfer and finally last year in the beginning of Dec 2020 I was shown an apt given 2 weeks to sign the lease and pay all fees which I did. It is now the middle of Nov 2021 and my case worker still has no clue when I will be moving or what the condition of the apartment is. I asked her if we can set up an appointment to go see it and she said no. When I went in and saw the apartment the first time it was in great condition I don't understand why it's almost a year later and still no news.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 549 times
Saw apartment on 06/2021 paid security and first months rent day after. Still no keys in my hand. I call and they blame COVID. I see the apartment through the windows (first floor) floors are all waxed, everything painted, new cabinets, new fridge, new stove. So why no damn keys. I call and all they say is they’ll call me when it’s ready to stop calling. Ridiculous. Been trying to get money back to move elsewhere

Old 01-21-2022, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,060 times
I spoke to my housing manager and she said repairs are being done slowly the problem is they don't have people to come and inspect the apartment for lead and asbestos. I asked if I can hire someone to check my apt and she said no. Going on 13 months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery