Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 10,696 times

Advertisements

They are up to number 38 now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 04:20 PM

576 posts, read 1,547,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bdlotpb View Post
They are up to number 38 now!
There moving along! I am hoping to get called within a year or 2 but we shall see! Good luck everyone waiting. 2bdlotpb what's your approximate number ? I'll keep you guys informed if and when I hear anything I am in low 80s!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:35 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Can we presume the waiting list is closed?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:58 PM

13 posts, read 48,974 times
Number is up to #56 as of today

Old 08-30-2014, 05:24 AM

353 posts, read 1,007,328 times
There were a couple previous comments I thought I would clarify the data on. One stated that somebody was paying $1500 for a 2 bedroom including the garage parking (which is about $200). The amount paid in this case probably included a surcharge (which maxes out at 50% of the standard maintenance) due to their income exceeding the standard income range. It also includes the electric charge which is probably $50-$100 per month and around $150 for a capital assessment that was for double-pane windows that were put in a few years ago. That final cost will disappear after a number of years. Without an income surcharge and the garage, I'm guessing a the total charges for two bedroom would be around $950-$1000, depending on how much electricity they use.

As far as why the deposit doubled, the buildings are now over 40 years old and needed many repairs due to age. The roofing was recently be replaced , cracks in the outer walls are being repaired and the garage had to be rebuilt. There is still cracks in the plaza above the garage so the plaza is going to be rebuilt soon. The cost of all the repairs in a fairly short period of time meant money had to be raised. The choices were to privatize or to raise the deposit to pay for these. The privatization, which would have raised money through a 40% tax on the first sale of each apartment, was rejected (only 65% rather than the required 66% supported it) so they raised the amount of the deposit instead.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 AM

7 posts, read 23,203 times
the number is up to 70 as of today.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:27 PM

13 posts, read 48,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysmart View Post
the number is up to 70 as of today.
Thank you for letting us know, prettysmart. It's moving faster than you predicted earlier. Do you think a lot of residents voted for privatization decided to leave after losing the lawsuit?

Old 09-25-2014, 04:50 PM

353 posts, read 1,007,328 times
The units were not being filled for several years until a settlement was reached concerning the privatization. I have to assume that this means there are dozens of open units.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillager View Post
Thank you for letting us know, prettysmart. It's moving faster than you predicted earlier. Do you think a lot of residents voted for privatization decided to leave after losing the lawsuit?

The carrying charge is so affordable that I don't think the residents will leave because of losing the privatization battle.

The numbers are moving so fast that I think the other probable reason is some applicants not able to lay out the $40,000 deposit or do not want to tie up that kind of money that they can use or invest for something else. Or they don't meet the right family configuration. What do you think?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillager View Post
Thanks for clarifying, meemsone. My# is right behind yours, in 90s. I am wondering if you have any idea on how long the wait will be... I will contact them in the end of this year. Best luck to you!

With this lightning speed, maybe you will be offered an apartment in 2 or 3 months' time. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery