Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 03:53 PM

3 posts, read 7,118 times

Advertisements

Ok, thank you! Ugh so disappointing this happened NOW! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,633 times
Hi I was recently considered for a lottery apartment for oceanhill llc in Brooklyn on prospect place.. Well anyway I completed the whole process the application the interview and I even was called to add more documentation to complete my file now the housing manager states she had to send it to the city ... The scary part about this is I'm 26 I have no real credit issue except a sprint bill which I'm paying off I meet all the income requirement and everything so my question is would I get denied because if that ... And how long would I be waiting the housing manager states she was sending back on 5/1 but I called her a few days ago and she states she didn't send it until 5/10 I just want to know if anyone else is going through the process and they've ran my credit already about 2 months ago

Old 05-25-2016, 05:06 PM

4,787 posts, read 6,612,817 times
You've already passed the credit check, or else they wouldn't have bothered sending your application to the city. That's the final step. The city approval should take about a week if everything checks out. Best of luck!

Old 05-25-2016, 06:19 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,561 times
from reading various threads about this, i am assuming a credit score of anything over 600 is okay? I'm 625 according to one source, and 667 (according to another). ****ty scores, yes, but I've never been late on a bill ever, just have a big amount of debt that i've been chipping away at over the years. Curious how they look at the debt to income ratio, which is actually more important i'd imagine than a raw score?

Hells, getting an affordable apartment would allow us to eliminate our debt (supposedly hahah)

Old 05-25-2016, 06:40 PM

377 posts, read 510,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
from reading various threads about this, i am assuming a credit score of anything over 600 is okay? I'm 625 according to one source, and 667 (according to another). ****ty scores, yes, but I've never been late on a bill ever, just have a big amount of debt that i've been chipping away at over the years. Curious how they look at the debt to income ratio, which is actually more important i'd imagine than a raw score?

Hells, getting an affordable apartment would allow us to eliminate our debt (supposedly hahah)

High debt is a concern. I believe that the debt to income ratio is about 38%

Old 05-26-2016, 01:36 AM

8 posts, read 74,824 times
If an applicant meets the criteria for two preference groups, do they acknowledge both or prioritize one over another?

Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM

22 posts, read 73,900 times
Good luck to you HarlemGirl! That's a cool place in Brooklyn.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:31 AM

246 posts, read 486,230 times
Hi i am new to this forum, so here is my situation. i applied for affordable housing in BK my log number was 2700, i got randomly chosen for an interview. so i bring my whole life to the interview which was not long i already made copies of whatever was asked for. so it was just basically to drop off my information. ok cool all went well with that part. so i got an email from privacy guard that something is going on with my credit. when i checked the management company check my credit, so this is a good sign i am thinking. so about a few days after that i got a letter in the mail saying i was prequalified for an apartment i just have to bring in copies of my 2014 2015 tax forms and W2. after i got that letter i got so excited. so what happens after this? that is my question, can i still be rejected after they already reviewed my life.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:57 AM

4,787 posts, read 6,612,817 times
The rule of thumb with these things is that the apartment is not yours until you are standing with the key in your hand and you're opening the door! Anything can happen along the way.

But yes, it is a very good sign that you are qualified for the apartment and asked to bring more documents in. Very very good! Best of luck!

I'm just wondering, didn't you have to hand in your tax forms the first time you went in? That information is usually asked for in the first batch.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:23 AM

246 posts, read 486,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The rule of thumb with these things is that the apartment is not yours until you are standing with the key in your hand and you're opening the door! Anything can happen along the way.

But yes, it is a very good sign that you are qualified for the apartment and asked to bring more documents in. Very very good! Best of luck!

I'm just wondering, didn't you have to hand in your tax forms the first time you went in? That information is usually asked for in the first batch.

No i did not have to hand my tax forms in, i did hand in my Birth Certificate, pay stubs, bank statements, passport, letter from my job, letter from my daughters school, social security card. That was about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery