Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 PM

46 posts, read 46,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinabaii View Post
I didn't like the apartment because i have a small baby and I know what it is like living in a building with a community room. The apartment windows are facing the area where people rent out the roof for parties etc just like community room according to the super. You can rent out the room plus the roof top. All the windows are facing this area. Basically no privacy. Especially if events are taking place. Plus they couldn't even tell me what are the hours the room is open too. I see major problems with that apartment. Maybe that's why ppl are turning it down.
Now that is certainly understandable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM

83 posts, read 83,384 times
I guess it would depend on how desperate you are you know. Some people don't have the luxury to wait for something better to come along. In that case if they're only offering those apartments then they should have all the information for potential tenants. Like when and for how long the roof and community center can be rented for. They also have to respect the tenants comfort and privacy. Most places like that are only allowed to be rented till 11 pm. It wouldn't bother me but again it depends on if you have the option of waiting for something else.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:01 AM

23 posts, read 36,448 times
I just see a potential problem ahead. Don't want the headache especially with a new baby and small kids. Didn't like layout. That unit is basically in the same line as studio. So it look like a studio apartment with two tiny room attached. There were more cons than pro about that unit. Wish I could've seen another unit. Because I would've pick it.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:35 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,935,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinabaii View Post
I just see a potential problem ahead. Don't want the headache especially with a new baby and small kids. Didn't like layout. That unit is basically in the same line as studio. So it look like a studio apartment with two tiny room attached. There were more cons than pro about that unit. Wish I could've seen another unit. Because I would've pick it.
go with your gut. glad you turned it down

Old 12-31-2016, 09:36 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,935,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinabaii View Post
if you are paying thousands of dollars a years for a place to call home. It should be something you love. Don't just throw away your money and not be happy.
+1

Old 12-31-2016, 10:22 AM

124 posts, read 221,134 times
So probably everybody should back from them this week or next yayyyyy???

Old 12-31-2016, 10:41 AM

Yes we should be hearing back from them by next week or the week after. Being that it's the holidays she said responses wouldn't be going out till after the New Years. I should have asked how we would be contacted though. I totally forgot.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:28 PM

124 posts, read 221,134 times
The count town start today, let's see who gets contacted first for the apt

Old 01-02-2017, 08:53 AM

And how long it will take!!!!!! I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that they sent my money order back!!! Lmao this waiting is unhealthy.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:56 AM

39 posts, read 41,043 times
I woke up feeling like the countdown starts today also but what if the office is closed still because of the holiday omg . This month long of anxiety is killing me and I can't take it any longer .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery