Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 08:10 AM

33 posts, read 78,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenteternity View Post
Took exactly 6 weeks after my interview. Found out on Monday that I got the apt! Signing my lease on Friday.

(Log # 39XXX CB preference)
AWESOME. Good for you. Post pictures of your view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 08:14 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Took exactly 6 weeks after my interview. Found out on Monday that I got the apt! Signing my lease on Friday.

(Log # 39XXX CB preference)
Wow, congratulations! Lucky you! Now may something similar happen to me

Old 06-09-2016, 08:27 PM

9 posts, read 51,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequenome View Post
AWESOME. Good for you. Post pictures of your view.
This is my view.
Attached Thumbnails
City Point Tower I Affordable Housing Lottery-image.jpeg  

Old 06-10-2016, 08:04 AM

33 posts, read 78,668 times

Nice floors as well.

Quote:
This is my view.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 PM

15 posts, read 26,652 times
I was in the neighborhood and stopped by to see the building today. The doorman said that they are at about 50% occupancy. Has anyone without a preference been called yet? I have a log # of 6k with no preference. No idea where I stand but not feeling so good about it at this point!

Old 06-17-2016, 07:49 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichopefull View Post
I was in the neighborhood and stopped by to see the building today. The doorman said that they are at about 50% occupancy. Has anyone without a preference been called yet? I have a log # of 6k with no preference. No idea where I stand but not feeling so good about it at this point!
My log number is only 9xx - no preference, and I haven't been called at all. I'm beginning to think my file was lost.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:52 PM

33 posts, read 73,061 times
So I have an interview next Monday. Log#73,000 CB2 preference. I find it to be miracle to be called after all this time. But I'm not holding my breathe. I've been down this road before. I've been to one other previous middle/moderate income interview in April. Everything went well, paper work was all there for them to revivew , credit was beautiful , income fit right in the middle but only to be told that I would have to be place on a waiting list because of my high log number which was only in the 1,000s. 250 Ashland just a couple of days ago sent me a rejection letter with a log number in the get this 900s!!!! I was rejected due to the fact that I didn't fit there income criteria. My biggest arguement with these lotteries is that they leave out the most deserving and needy income bracket which is the $45-70k range. Police officers,EMT,FDNY,MTA and entry level college grad single individuals like my self. The true NYC middle is being force out because of lack of affordable housing. Sorry for the gripe guys but I'm little frustrated with how the city left us out! But I am hopeful they can accommodate my income bracket this time around. Wish me luck !

Old 06-21-2016, 12:40 PM

4 posts, read 9,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichopefull View Post
It's possible that they've signed leases for 50% of the units, but I really doubt it. I moved in at the beginning of June and there is only 1 other person moved in on my entire floor. I never see anybody else on the elevators, and have only met 3-4 other people in the entire building since I moved in. If I had to guess the building is still at least 90% vacant, if not more. Maybe more people will move in early July?

Doing some math- there are 200 units total. 100 set aside for CB2 residents, 10 for mobility impaired, 10 for municipal employees, 4 for visibility/hearing impaired and the remaining 76 units for everybody else not fitting into that category. There are a lot more "middle income" units than "low income" too. You probably have better odds of getting a lottery apartment if your income puts you in the "middle income" bracket.

There are also 50 market-rate units in the building. Streeteasy has only listed 28 of these market-rate rentals, and 15 of them have been rented. I feel like many of the units in the building are still under construction and some units are not ready for tenants yet.

Don't give up hope! I think they have lots of units left to fill.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 19,442 times
Six weeks have come and gone since our interview and still crickets. Oh except for email gaff from Winn Residential last week asking us to come in for interview. Did anyone else get this? They did respond and apologize but still only had "in process" to say when we asked about our status. Hoping to hear something soon. We are about to have to sign another lease on our current place and I was really hoping to avoid that headache.

Hoping you are right and there are still plenty of apartments available. We are up for 2 bed in the middle income bracket and like Upscalepat have a high log. 70XXX CB preference.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:20 PM

33 posts, read 73,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynmbs1106 View Post
Six weeks have come and gone since our interview and still crickets. Oh except for email gaff from Winn Residential last week asking us to come in for interview. Did anyone else get this? They did respond and apologize but still only had "in process" to say when we asked about our status. Hoping to hear something soon. We are about to have to sign another lease on our current place and I was really hoping to avoid that headache.

Hoping you are right and there are still plenty of apartments available. We are up for 2 bed in the middle income bracket and like Upscalepat have a high log. 70XXX CB preference.
In the original email there should be a telephone number you can call Winn residentia directly. I would call and email them to follow up. It's all about persistence when it comes to these types situations trust me it will pay off. Good luck my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery