Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:57 PM

494 posts, read 557,503 times

Advertisements

I called and left a message but no one has gotten back to me. I actually called 5 times without leaving a message and just hung up when it went to the answering machine, then finally someone called me back and....transferred me to the answering machine. lol I guess they have caller id. Has anyone heard anything lately? I haven't received a rejection notice and i have not received my $50 by mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 10:26 AM

18 posts, read 26,001 times
Yeah i haven't received anything yet. I mean on the housing connect site it still says tenant selection in progress. But yeah anything from anyone else?

Old 05-08-2018, 11:26 AM

243 posts, read 310,016 times
@Spidey23,

When I was awarded my unit last month, Wavecrest informed me there are only 2 units left. I am under the impression they are filled by now. It doesn't take that long even if the personnel at Wavecrest aren't the most brightest or smartest of people.

On another note, they won't answer your calls. They refuse to answer any calls. Once I got my keys, and signed the lease, I got extremely belligerent with the person processing my application and I let that GURL HAVE IT!!!! SHUT HER DOWN IMMEDIATELY because her work performance is horrid!!!

Old 05-08-2018, 01:09 PM

@ALEXAMATTHEWS

Oh wow, congrats! so you got a unit at 57 west? Studio or 1 bed?

Yeah, they aren't the best. Communication skill are terrible. Glad to know someone got a unit though.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:10 PM

1 bedroom.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:14 PM

awesome. Hope you're enjoying living there!

Old 05-08-2018, 02:24 PM

@Spidey23,

Thank you. I have been chasing this dream forever and now I have that posh, upscale, caucasian lifestyle that everyone covets. I always ensure I look professional. Sweatpants are no longer part of my wardrobe. Hair is relaxed on a regular basis and so forth.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 PM

Oh my goodness. I bumped into one of my neighbors and I immediately knew she was a lottery winner in the low income units. The Vaseline, grey sweatpants and hoodie said it all, and don't get offended. I am just being descriptive by providing vivid sensory details.

I casually strike up a conversation with her (you know...the HEY GURRRLLLL convo & WHATS POPPIN!) and one thing leads to another and she tells me she is a lottery winner. Even though I already knew based on her grey sweatpants, I just pretended I had no clue and said: I thought you were paying 10K in rent, GUURRRLLL. You seem like a high powered executive to me. And here you have me all fooled.

She tells me she won the lottery last year and she had a choice between 2 or 3 units. I understand that is when the lottery started so obviously individuals called in earlier would get a choice of some sort. I really regret taking the unit at the price I am paying. I am on the 2nd floor with a view of nothing. "There ain't no VISTA and there sure as hell ain't no VISTA of no VIEWS!" This is my first lottery and I wish I had someone to help me along the way. I was just so EXCITED and I didn't even bother to think. She is on an upper floor, but not that much higher, but I would trade places with her in a heart beat. She has no balcony either.

I should have inquired. I am going to fulfill my lease obligations and continue applying for other lotteries, and be smarter next time.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:48 AM

Oh my goodness. I bumped into one of my neighbors and I immediately knew she was a lottery winner in the low income units. The Vaseline, grey sweatpants and hoodie said it all, and don't get offended. I am just being descriptive by providing vivid sensory details.

I casually strike up a conversation with her (you know...the HEY GURRRLLLL convo & WHATS POPPIN!) and one thing leads to another and she tells me she is a lottery winner. Even though I already knew based on her grey sweatpants, I just pretended I had no clue and said: I thought you were paying 10K in rent, GUURRRLLL. You seem like a high powered executive to me. And here you have me all fooled.

She tells me she won the lottery last year and she had a choice between 2 or 3 units. I understand that is when the lottery started so obviously individuals called in earlier would get a choice of some sort. I really regret taking the unit at the price I am paying. I am on the 2nd floor with a view of nothing. "There ain't no VISTA and there sure as hell ain't no VISTA of no VIEWS!" This is my first lottery and I wish I had someone to help me along the way. I was just so EXCITED and I didn't even bother to think. She is on an upper floor, but not that much higher, but I would trade places with her in a heart beat. She has no balcony either.

I should have inquired. I am going to fulfill my lease obligations and continue applying for other lotteries, and be smarter next time.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:47 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post

Mmm hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery