Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2022, 11:04 AM

200 posts, read 219,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
where does it say "3 units"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 11:42 AM

2,026 posts, read 1,639,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWhatUsedToBe View Post
where does it say "3 units"?
Perhaps we mean, ‘ Waiting list open to fill 1-studio and 3-one-bedrooms available now and for future vacancies. ’

First sentence in “Details” paragraph.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:08 PM

63 posts, read 50,370 times
Hey all,

I see that this was an old lottery that is now open again.

Is anyone in this forum currently living here?

How much is electricity usually, and how much are the amenities?

Also, I noticed some trains are far from the building. Does the building have busses near by?

Old 12-27-2022, 09:03 AM

523 posts, read 507,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam.indy View Post
Hey all,

Also, I noticed some trains are far from the building. Does the building have busses near by?
I want to say there is a bus that runs crosstown, The ferry is right there and I have looked at commuting that way via ferry/bus from LIC

Old 12-27-2022, 11:07 AM

2,026 posts, read 1,639,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I want to say there is a bus that runs crosstown, The ferry is right there and I have looked at commuting that way via ferry/bus from LIC
It seem very early to be thinking about transportation since this is a waitlist and circumstances can change.

The address for the building is 1st Ave, near 34th St. The M15 and M15 SBS buses run uptown on 1st Ave, downtown on 2nd Ave. At least one of the 34th Sr crosstown buses serves the area, and will connect a rider with many subways in Herald Sq and other locations.

You can get the ferry at the East River to the Financial District or UES, and other destinations including Qns and Brooklyn either directly or with a connection. There is a seaplane ten blocks south. All services are subject to change.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:51 PM

15 posts, read 13,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam.indy View Post
Hey all,

Hi! I still live here.

For me electricity is cheap, about $40/month. But I believe affordable apartments get a cap on how high our bill can be. I think it was $55 or so. Also, we pay electricity directly to Copper as opposed to having our own personal con ed accounts.

For amenities - the gym, the indoor pool, sauna, sky lounge, and children's playroom - are free for affordable residents. Access to the roof was free with some additional fees when I first moved, but Copper has since turned into an exclusive club that's only open in the summertime and you have to pay like $3,000 for access (you can look up the sentry club at copper buildings). So yeah...that's a no-go.

Transportation is worse on paper than in reality IMO. You get used to it. The M15 and M15-sbs on 1st ave runs pretty well and the M34/34A are fast, though they can be crowded when the NYU hospital shift changes. The 6 train is about a 12 minute uphill walk on 33rd and park, but you can hop on the M34 and transfer to slice that time in half. Also, the NYC ferry is across the street and usually runs really well. Plenty of things in the area - trader joes, target, movie theater, a ton of bars/resturants on 3rd ave, starbucks, cvs, walgreens, and of course not far from herald square.

Outside of that, the building itself is well maintained. The front desk staff is awesome, seriously some of the nicest people ever. People in general here are friendly. Only drawback I have is that the walls are thin and the apartments are small.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-04-2023, 05:41 PM

44 posts, read 45,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky16 View Post
Hi! I still live here.

For amenities - the gym, the indoor pool, sauna, sky lounge, and children's playroom - are free for affordable residents. Access to the roof was free with some additional fees when I first moved, but Copper has since turned into an exclusive club that's only open in the summertime and you have to pay like $3,000 for access (you can look up the sentry club at copper buildings). So yeah...that's a no-go.

Hope this helps!
This was an extremely helpful post loaded throughout with info that we couldn't get anywhere else. Thank you so much.

Two followup questions -- do you mean you cannot use the roof at all unless you pay the big fee? A giant fee has unfortunately become normal for pools, but are you saying that residents cannot use it at all unless they pay that fee?

Are there other terraces that don't require the massive investment?

Old 01-06-2023, 04:10 PM

36 posts, read 31,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky16 View Post
Hi! I still live here.

For me electricity is cheap, about $40/month. But I believe affordable apartments get a cap on how high our bill can be. I think it was $55 or so. Also, we pay electricity directly to Copper as opposed to having our own personal con ed accounts.

Transportation is worse on paper than in reality IMO. You get used to it. The M15 and M15-sbs on 1st ave runs pretty well and the M34/34A are fast, though they can be crowded when the NYU hospital shift changes. The 6 train is about a 12 minute uphill walk on 33rd and park, but you can hop on the M34 and transfer to slice that time in half. Also, the NYC ferry is across the street and usually runs really well. Plenty of things in the area - trader joes, target, movie theater, a ton of bars/resturants on 3rd ave, starbucks, cvs, walgreens, and of course not far from herald square.

Outside of that, the building itself is well maintained. The front desk staff is awesome, seriously some of the nicest people ever. People in general here are friendly. Only drawback I have is that the walls are thin and the apartments are small.

Hope this helps!
Hello Sky16!

Do the AMI brackets seem right to you? I'm talking about the wider brackets of income say $35,315 - $156,130 for 60% AMI.

Old 01-31-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnty View Post
This was an extremely helpful post loaded throughout with info that we couldn't get anywhere else. Thank you so much.

Two followup questions -- do you mean you cannot use the roof at all unless you pay the big fee? A giant fee has unfortunately become normal for pools, but are you saying that residents cannot use it at all unless they pay that fee?

Are there other terraces that don't require the massive investment?
Hey! Sorry for being super late on this lol.

Yeah, roof access is only for those who register to be a member of the sentry club. It's ridiculous tbh, I remember both market-rate and affordable residents were not pleased about that all. The only other terrace is one with one or two apartments attached to it on top of the sky bridge so that part is private.

The good news is that access to the indoor pool in the sky bridge is still free to use.

Old 01-31-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBaddie View Post
Hello Sky16!

Do the AMI brackets seem right to you? I'm talking about the wider brackets of income say $35,315 - $156,130 for 60% AMI.
Honestly, not really sure how to answer this one cause I'm not really much of an expert on AMI stuff. I just remember that majority of people who got the apartments came from all over NYC because the agency had a hard time finding people within the CB that fit the income requirements. I assume people just made way more than what was listed. Not sure if that answers the question, sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery