Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 09:15 PM

68 posts, read 99,924 times

Advertisements

Oh dear. Thanks to Moving415 and everyone for the info and insights. A difficult process. Yes, best to us all, wherever we end up. And hoping it is American Copper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 10:43 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,469,680 times
And whoever ends up there, should get together and share a long drink. If by some miracle I'm one of them, I'll even host!

Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 PM

207 posts, read 356,417 times
July will be our month !!!!

Old 07-10-2017, 11:06 PM

I can add a little something. I happened to watch the July 4 fireworks in Long Island City, and found myself stationed, unintentionally, smack in front of Copper, standing starkly on the opposite side of the river. It was a shock. Didn't plan that. There were very few lights on at Copper, which would lead one to conclude it's not heavily occupied, but then again, it was a holiday week, so who knows. But the bldg was pretty dark on July 4 at 9:30 p.m. That's all I've got.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:50 PM

207 posts, read 356,417 times
I actually see a lot of lights on at the West tower from 2nd Ave ... high floors as well.
There are high floor market rate tenants already moved in for sure .

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 AM

I'm ready for that party and my three year old is a great dancer. Here's to seeing you all there.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,850,386 times
Are you sure you've been approved by HPD? It just seems like the government is more likely to cause a delay than the developer. You'd think the developer would want people in there paying money ASAP. And Breaking Ground has no interest in delaying things.

Another reason I'm asking is because if you were already approved by HPD, and it takes over 120 days to sign a lease, you'd have to get approved by HPD all over again.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:04 PM

If you're asking me, wiivile, as I already said above several times, I have NOT been approved by HPD yet as of last word. That's why I was asking Boogsmama if she had yet heard if she was approved and why I started this last convo. But maybe you are asking the others (ladygaga1etc) who did say they were approved? --Also, doesn't the 120 resubmission of docs apply whether or not we are approved, if docs are stale before lease signing? Would sure be lovely not to have to gather all that again.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Andd here is a related question: In the event we are approved and get in, does anyone know about the annual recertifications? i.e. Are we booted out of the apartment if our assets go over the limit because they earn interest or whatever, or if our income is not in that narrow window in any year? Do we have to submit these massive docs again annually? Do any of us know? Thanks all!

Old 07-11-2017, 06:25 PM

Good question on recertification. Not all buildings seem to be requiring it. But no, you will not lose the apt if your income or assets go up (to me, what would make sense is if they adjusted your rent with the ups--and downs--of your income; although I'm no expert on Mitchell-Lama, I believe that's how that program worked). You might want to ask in a new thread if anyone who signed an 80/20 lease recently--like in the past year--had a recertification rider attached to the lease. Even if recertification is required, it's nothing like the initial application, and is really for the developer of the building to show compliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery