Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 04:54 AM

148 posts, read 130,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
And one of the reasons tenant selection for these developments (the 80/20 buildings) has been turned over to outside marketing agents is to avoid discrimination and bias that the actual developers of these luxury buildings might have a vested interest in maintaining. I actually read that somewhere, albeit not in those exact words.
BG ain't gonna give a rats azz about this. With the flood of professionals that are renting in this building because of all the medical professions on the ave, If your looks is gonna CLASH with the people paying market rent, YOU WON'T SNIFF THE FRONT DOOR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 07:12 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,469,680 times
Whether BG cares about it or not is of no importance, when it's faced with a discrimination lawsuit, which will be the inevitable outcome if it starts "profiling" applicants on vague criteria on whether they "fit in."

Last edited by Moving415; 09-14-2017 at 07:22 AM..

Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Whether BG cares about it or not is of no importance, when it's faced with a discrimination lawsuit, which will be the inevitable outcome if it starts "profiling" applicants on vague criteria on whether they "fit in." And I'm not even sure it's doing that--I absolutely fit the market-rate profile--except for my income--and BG has practically put me into a coma with its requirements.

Suuuuure. Who gonna take your case if you file ?? Johnny Chochran ? If you don't live in the CB its gonna be a snowball chance in hell. They ARE behaving like COOP BOARDS and I am glad. After the incident at 39st with GHETTO PROJECT HOODRATS throwing a party till 2;30am in the backyard they are really gonna behave like a COOP BOARD

Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 AM

I can think of plenty of legal aid lawyers who would take the case. HPD would take such a complaint seriously, so it might not even get to the lawsuit stage (it does a pretty good job of backfielding the incompetence of the marketing agents). Discrimination undermines the whole purpose of the program. It's unfortunate what happened at E. 39th, because it hurts the whole program, but I think what happened there is more the exception than the rule.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,850,386 times
Quote:
I can think of plenty of legal aid lawyers who would take the case. HPD would take such a complaint seriously, so it might not even get to the lawsuit stage (it does a pretty good job of backfielding the incompetence of the marketing agents). Discrimination undermines the whole purpose of the program. It's unfortunate what happened at E. 39th, because it hurts the whole program, but I think what happened there is more the exception than the rule.
You shouldn't waste your time arguing with a troll. I agree with you.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post

LISTEN MORON, I am tenant in the program and IM WOKE about what is happening after incidents that occurred in these buildings. DAMN LOW EXPECTATION MORONS like YOSELF AIN'T WORTH SHEEEEEET

Old 09-14-2017, 07:52 AM

I know, thanks WiiVille.

Frankly, my concern at Copper would be the influx of U.N. people (U.N. is a few blocks north), who have been known to do all sorts of outrageous things to and in apartment buildings, right down to trashing them, and then claim "diplomatic immunity." They pose a much bigger threat than any subsidized tenant.

And with that, I'm done here. Don't mean to slam the U.N. (my best friend works there), but these incidents have been documented.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:

It TERRIBLY hurt the program because don't you think MARKET RENTERS and AGENTS don't troll these boards ?? AGENTS were LIVID

Old 09-14-2017, 08:43 AM

79 posts, read 94,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Finally, someone said it !!! Thank you wiivile. For all his/her ranting, livinglavidabroka is the most "ghetto" or shall we just say completely offensive voice in this conversation. If any of the properties were screening for class or decorum, livinglavidabroka would have been the first to be rejected.

Did you miss his/her comments were he/she referred to the Chinese people at 225 E 39th by a racist and derogatory term that rhymes with "links." I did, but it was quickly deleted ...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
Finally, someone said it !!! Thank you wiivile. For all his/her ranting, livinglavidabroka is the most "ghetto" or shall we just say completely offensive voice in this conversation. If any of the properties were screening for class or decorum, livinglavidabroka would have been the first to be rejected.

Did you miss his/her comments were he/she referred to the Chinese people at 225 E 39th by a racist and derogatory term that rhymes with "links." I did, but it was quickly deleted ...

I WALK IT LIKE I TALK IT. i tell it like it is. I appreciate what I applied for and I DON'T BREAK DA RULES. How can you be a TROLL when you are a TRUE TENANT OF THE PROGRAM ?? DA TRUTH HURTS TO THOSE THAT CAN'T HANDLE DA TRUTH #GETWOKE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery