Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM

91 posts, read 102,271 times

Advertisements

Congrats guys, fingers crossed for more positive news this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 12:40 PM

60 posts, read 67,966 times
I just emailed to confirm they got all my docs as I haven't heard back yet. Hoping so!

Old 03-05-2018, 01:18 PM

44 posts, read 45,484 times
Does anyone knows the garage and storage fee?

Old 03-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Those who saw or moved in the studios, does the oven has 2 or 4 burners. I saw a pic with just 2.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:40 PM

79 posts, read 94,663 times
CoolBreeze2018

I'm in a one bedroom, but I saw the model studio apartment. It has two burners.
The garage is not open yet, and they haven't said anything about how much it costs and there's nothing in the lease.
They just announced the opening/availability of storage in an email that went out today. It says "Storage cages are 3x3x3 and may be rented for $150 per month. Bicycle racks may be rented for $25 per month."

3x3x3 cages ??? What can you store in that? Your socks?

Old 03-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Default Fees

CopperDreams

Thanks and you can call me CoolBreeze lol

Congrats on moving in your apt. Are the grills available to use or do you have to pay a fee too and what about the pool on the roof?

I wish they had a list of all the amenities fees and what is and is not available to the lottery winners.

Thanks again

Old 03-05-2018, 04:49 PM

79 posts, read 94,663 times
CoolBreeze

The skybridge lounge and gym are open, but the pools, the saunas and the hammam spa are not open yet.
The skybride lounge including the children's playroom are open to all tenants for no additional charge. The gym, pools, suana/hammam require a gym membership which is $185/mo for market tenants, but no charge to affordable tenants.

The grills and the outdoor pool are on the roof of the East Tower which is not open yet. The East Tower roof amenities are seasonal -- so it will be open only in the warm months -- and require an ADDITIONAL membership fee. Management has not yet said how much that will be. I believe even market tenants will have to pay an additional fee for the East Tower, and I don't know what if any charge there will be to affordable tenants for the East Tower roof amenities. But the East Tower is being billed and touted as "super exclusive" as the market rate broker told me, so I seriously doubt it will be made available to affordable tenants at no charge. But the roof amenities are super sweet, so ... you gotta do what you gotta do.

Again, everything is available to affordable tenants. It's just a matter of what is included at no additional charge and what you have to pay extra for. So far you'll have to pay extra for the garage, storage and very likely the East Tower roof amenitities.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 PM

CopperDreams

Thanks for all that info. You are the best.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:23 AM

129 posts, read 134,366 times
Any updates?

Old 03-07-2018, 10:09 AM

14 posts, read 14,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
CoolBreeze2018

I'm in a one bedroom, but I saw the model studio apartment. It has two burners.
The garage is not open yet, and they haven't said anything about how much it costs and there's nothing in the lease.
They just announced the opening/availability of storage in an email that went out today. It says "Storage cages are 3x3x3 and may be rented for $150 per month. Bicycle racks may be rented for $25 per month."

3x3x3 cages ??? What can you store in that? Your socks?
Hi CoolBreeze,

I am waiting on the building to contact me now to come in and sign a lease for a one bedroom. How long did it take for the building to contact you after HPD approved your file? and was the processed rushed? from the time they contacted you to when you signed your lease?

Best,
B
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery