Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 02:14 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,909,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Hahaha

Didn't realize Western Beef was that close. Are you talking about the one near Lincoln Hospital? Or by Prospect Ave?

I sometimes shop at Food Bazaar (which I love) because my closest supermarket, Foodtown, is super expensive unless there's a sale.

I'm truly looking forward to when they'll open more bars in our area. I've been to Ceetay and Charlie's Bar but hope for something a tad closer. I heard there's a pool hall or bar of some sort across the street from Crossroads but I have no clue about the vibe.
I love food bazaar. I like the new one on 163rd. Very nice. I suggest you DONT go to that C town on southern boulevard cause it'll be a downgrade. It's good that you know your shopping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 PM

111 posts, read 227,407 times
Food Bawhaaat? I just looked it up online and I am going to try it. I usually go to costco for most of our groceries. Snacks and little things at family dollar sometimes or pioneer. I order everything else online. I am not sure I am saving money.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE ratchetville[/quote]

Indeed

Old 02-15-2017, 09:58 AM

274 posts, read 485,802 times
Thanks @HellUpInHarlem

And @KoolBabies You didn't know? Food Bazaar is great!!!! lol

I spoke with the construction workers at Crossroads this morning and was told it's very spacious inside. They only have a few more apartments that need cabinets put in and the exterior has a little more ways to go. They said they'll be completely finished in March. I should've asked for square footage but maybe next time lol

Old 02-15-2017, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,736 times
Good afternoon,

I just received a rejection email from Brook ave apartments, reason: total due to income ration exceeds 25% of household's gross annual income.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Thanks @HellUpInHarlem

And @KoolBabies You didn't know? Food Bazaar is great!!!! lol

I spoke with the construction workers at Crossroads this morning and was told it's very spacious inside. They only have a few more apartments that need cabinets put in and the exterior has a little more ways to go. They said they'll be completely finished in March. I should've asked for square footage but maybe next time lol
Really?!!! That's great news. You are awsome with the updates haha! Last time I saw the finished building, the entrance wasn't done yet. They are making progress. They just sent our stuff for hpd approval. Crossing fingers.
No I did not know about Food Bazaar but I'll check it out lol.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyky19 View Post
Good afternoon,

I just received a rejection email from Brook ave apartments, reason: total due to income ration exceeds 25% of household's gross annual income.
Sorry to hear that. Are you going to appeal? They should give you an option to appeal in case you believe they are wrong. Keep us posted. And good luck!

Old 02-15-2017, 03:36 PM

965 posts, read 1,115,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyky19 View Post
Good afternoon,

So basically what they're saying is, we shouldn't have any more than $9,525 in debt, maximum? And here I was panicking about a measly $500. I always carry a balance on my cards to keep my total line usage between 1% - 2%.

Wasn't sure if that was going to hurt me when they ran my credit check. Looks like it won't though.

I'm sorry about that kyky.
Definitely appeal, and work out some type of payment plan to tackle down the debt in the process. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:43 PM

132 posts, read 121,713 times
Im going to appeal.. and I only own one credit card and i have an auto loan..

Old 02-15-2017, 03:45 PM

132 posts, read 121,713 times
owe*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery