Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 06:20 PM

111 posts, read 227,355 times

Advertisements

I just came back from the interview with Crossroads. We waited for almost 3 hours, but we spent like 5 min with the interviewer. I was so ready LOOL even though we are probably going to waitlisted because of the high log #. The building isn't near completion yet, and they are also working on a bunch of buildings at a time so that may be why they are taking their time. I mean why rush when people aren't going to move in right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:25 PM

274 posts, read 485,577 times
I'm STILL waiting for HPD approval. On December 12th they told me HPD should take 2 wks to respond but it's been 4-5 wks since they've sent it. I'm in no rush though, as long as I hopefully get it. Did they say when the building will be completed?

Old 01-13-2017, 09:09 AM

47 posts, read 90,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
I'm STILL waiting for HPD approval. On December 12th they told me HPD should take 2 wks to respond but it's been 4-5 wks since they've sent it. I'm in no rush though, as long as I hopefully get it. Did they say when the building will be completed?

I hope that you get it! Im still waiting for the approval from HDC as well. Management actually called me to tell me HDC contacted them to tell them they wanted a cpl more stubs from me. I sent it right over immediately. I'm hoping that is all they wanted. I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to call back several times. I'm just glad my file is under review and not sitting in a pile at this point. Really hope I get it.

Question for anyone: Does HDC only verify your income and check with IRS? I'm guessing everything else including rental background and credit is handled only by the Property Management ? Just double checking.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthickness10 View Post
I hope that you get it! Im still waiting for the approval from HDC as well. Management actually called me to tell me HDC contacted them to tell them they wanted a cpl more stubs from me. I sent it right over immediately. I'm hoping that is all they wanted. I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to call back several times. I'm just glad my file is under review and not sitting in a pile at this point. Really hope I get it.

Question for anyone: Does HDC only verify your income and check with IRS? I'm guessing everything else including rental background and credit is handled only by the Property Management? Just double checking.

Yeah, they contacted me as well... About 2 weeks ago... I had to send in a notarized letter stating if I accept the new apt, I will notify my landlord and surrender my current lottery apartment. Sent that the next morning. Haven't heard anything since and the person handling my case is on vaca until January 17th so I probably won't hear anything until at least after that date.

Background and credit are handled by property management and usually before they even send it to the city. From what I was told last time I won an apt, they review your entire case and only investigate further if there are any "red flags".

Good luck!!!!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Larthur you are almost there. They are working on the inside of the first half of the building. I guess they'll show you your unit once it's done. I don't think anyone will move in before summer though. We just renewed our lease for another 2 years LOL. We can't rely on these games.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthickness10 View Post

Question for anyone: Does HDC only verify your income and check with IRS? I'm guessing everything else including rental background and credit is handled only by the Property Management ? Just double checking.

Good luck to you too!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
Larthur you are almost there. They are working on the inside of the first half of the building. I guess they'll show you your unit once it's done. I don't think anyone will move in before summer though. We just renewed our lease for another 2 years LOL. We can't rely on these games.
Thanks for the update! And you're absolutely right! Have to live life like it's not even happening.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,858,811 times
I read this thread, not cuz I am in it, just cuz I LOVE seeing when people get approved and finally get to move into their new digs. Also it helps to give tips to others in similar housing lottos in other buildings. Good luck guys, congrats, and sticking with it so long you deserve it.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:00 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,899,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
You gon regret that one

Old 01-14-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I read this thread, not cuz I am in it, just cuz I LOVE seeing when people get approved and finally get to move into their new digs. Also it helps to give tips to others in similar housing lottos in other buildings. Good luck guys, congrats, and sticking with it so long you deserve it.
Thanks. Hopefully you hear some good news on your side too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery