Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 AM

39 posts, read 39,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Be wary of ConEd (pretty sure you already know this, but be super careful.)

I just got my first bill of $82.41. You read that right, eight two f*cking dollars and forty one f*cking cents. I almost blew a gasket. Where do they have the gall to quote such an outrageous price, in a new f*cking building. I've been living in this space 6 and a half days. I'm away for a minimum of 10 hours per weekday, I sleep for 8. I'm single, no kids, no nothing. I don't even have an AC installed yet.

If someone doesn't let me in that meter room to get my reading to send to ConEd, there will be Hell to pay, I am going "ham" until they do.

Even if I had the TV blaring all damn day, it should be nowhere near this amount to begin with.

How can you get an estimate when there was no prior tenant to estimate it off of. Heat and hot water is included in rent, so even if I had the heat blaring all day, it still won't account for this.

I just had to vent. I'm tired of these big name retards (ConEd, Verizon, AT&T, etc) trying to milk us for every nickel and dime that we have. I am not the type of customer you'd want to **** off.

Okay, I'm done venting. I'm gonna go enjoy the nice weather now. Happy Saturday everyone.
You can actually call ConEd and let them know you do not want an estimated bill. You want the meter to be read. Your bill should not be over $50. My current ConEd bill includes both gas and electricity and it's never over $70 and $80 at most for summer nonths. So you were billed you incorrectly. Make sure you give them a call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 12:29 PM

965 posts, read 1,115,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey E. View Post
You can actually call ConEd and let them know you do not want an estimated bill. You want the meter to be read. Your bill should not be over $50. My current ConEd bill includes both gas and electricity and it's never over $70 and $80 at most for summer nonths. So you were billed you incorrectly. Make sure you give them a call.
Thank you for that, they aren't coming out until May 11 for the reading, so they told me to send them a picture of the meter. Hopefully I can get this sorted on Monday and be done with it.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 PM

49 posts, read 52,305 times
Hey I went for my.interview for crossroads II and the interviewer took my paper work and told me if anything is missing we will email you on Monday. Has anybody went through this before. Is this a good sign?

Old 04-15-2017, 01:06 PM

39 posts, read 39,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Thank you for that, they aren't coming out until May 11 for the reading, so they told me to send them a picture of the meter. Hopefully I can get this sorted on Monday and be done with it.
No prob. Download the ConEd app. You can enter your meter reading there as well.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:37 PM

49 posts, read 52,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC8915 View Post
Yes thank you!!!! I must say, it's slightly better than crossroads. Closets galore, granite countertops, dishwasher etc. the only thing is I would be on the 9th floor ugh! But none the less beautiful l. If they call me back, I would def take it.
Hey How did your interview with Crossroads ?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:54 PM

47 posts, read 43,007 times
Good evening everyone,
Congratulations on those who signed or about to sign there new leases. It's been two months since I went on my interview and I have yet to hear anything since the last time I email Natalie and she said my application was in process. On Monday I will call or send another email to find out my status.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:58 AM

28 posts, read 47,441 times
Good morning, today is my appointment to see the apartment, The Hayden 43-25 hunter street
is my firts time renting an apartment.

If you have any questions that I can ask the person to give me an idea?

Old 04-17-2017, 07:34 AM

132 posts, read 121,680 times
Good mornin
I just received a rejection email saying that my income does not meet the income guidelines my income is 43331 and the income guidelines is 43500 so I really don't understand..

Old 04-17-2017, 07:35 AM

274 posts, read 485,577 times
I get my keys today!!!! Super excited!!!

Old 04-17-2017, 07:53 AM

274 posts, read 485,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
Good mornin
I just received a rejection email saying that my income does not meet the income guidelines my income is 43331 and the income guidelines is 43500 so I really don't understand..
Appeal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery