Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 10:03 AM

33 posts, read 77,123 times

Advertisements

I just received an email from MHANY that I was denied for this building after "two failed attempts" to reach me to schedule an interview. I have never received ANYTHING regarding 38th Pacific Park, so I had figured I was not chosen.

I know, for a fact, that they have never reached out because you can bet your bottom dollar I would have interviewed. I'm always checking email and always checking spam.

There was a phone number in the email but, surprise, the voicemail can't accept anymore messages if I want to appeal but why should I have to appeal when I never had the chance in the first place? I can appeal via email, but again. Same question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2588 View Post
I just received an email from MHANY that I was denied for this building after "two failed attempts" to reach me to schedule an interview. I have never received ANYTHING regarding 38th Pacific Park, so I had figured I was not chosen.

I know, for a fact, that they have never reached out because you can bet your bottom dollar I would have interviewed. I'm always checking email and always checking spam.

There was a phone number in the email but, surprise, the voicemail can't accept anymore messages if I want to appeal but why should I have to appeal when I never had the chance in the first place? I can appeal via email, but again. Same question.

They have contacted me again three times for a two bedroom apartment. I know I don't qualify so I just deleted the messages.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:45 PM

100 posts, read 175,846 times
Same thing happened to me today. Claimed I failed twice to schedule an interview. Then I got a third email for a 2 bedroom. Huh? Are they trying to disqualify me and push a 2 bedroom? I never got any emails, nor calls nor letters in the mail so I don't know what they are talking about.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:00 PM

160 posts, read 277,684 times
The people running housing lotteries are very incompetent. They probably skipped your number and just realized it. So now they need an excuse to show HPD/HDC since HPD/HDC requires a log list of every applicant’s status in the lottery process.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
I applied via Pinnacle and it took about 5 1/2 weeks to get final HDC approval. They will email you if they have any questions regarding your application/docs.

They gave me an option to move in immediately, but I already paid the rent at my place a few days before we received HDC approval. Your move-in date is pretty much up to you, as long as it's on a weekday between 9 am -3 pm and scheduled in advance via the management.

First and last month's rent is required, but they offer an option to use Jetty. Jetty is a surety bond that replaces the deposit. It's a one time payment of 17.5% of your monthly rent. I thought long and hard about it. I suppose it's a great way to free up some cash.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut8473 View Post
Happy to find this thread still active! We just turned in our application and it will be sent soon to HDC. I've waded through the thread a bit, but curious if anyone who has applied recently (through Pinnacle, not MHANY) could tell me about how long it takes to hear back from HDC, and from that point, how long until move in? Also, is first month + last month required at signing, or is there a different deposit amount? Thanks!

Old 10-29-2018, 04:59 PM

23 posts, read 37,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
The people running housing lotteries are very incompetent. They probably skipped your number and just realized it. So now they need an excuse to show HPD/HDC since HPD/HDC requires a log list of every applicant’s status in the lottery process.
Are you saying that based on your experiences having won the lottery, or hearsay?

I won both 535 Carlton and this lottery, eventually settling on an apartment here. I've found the people to be competent, courteous and smart for both buildings. When they realized I had to make a decision between both, they helped me navigate the process. They were able to give me regular updates on the phone. I have no complaints about MHANY at all. I guess everyone's mileage varies.

I've also won two other lotteries (not difficult in the higher income ranges) and they've always been great in reaching out with multiple emails etc. I don't believe they're incompetent.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 PM

22 posts, read 34,436 times
is anyone else experiencing smoking in the building from tenants?

Old 12-13-2018, 04:01 AM

220 posts, read 196,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhamilton View Post
is anyone else experiencing smoking in the building from tenants?
Not i....but then again i am never home at night...

Old 04-09-2019, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,240 times
Hi, I’ll be moving in shortly. What’s everyone’s experience with the noise from the construction across the street so far?

Old 05-01-2019, 07:26 PM

22 posts, read 34,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastycoatsyum View Post
Hi, I’ll be moving in shortly. What’s everyone’s experience with the noise from the construction across the street so far?
that probably depends on your floor, what side of the building you reside, and your schedule. low floors facing 6th ave face most of the noise and they go from sunup until mid afternoon so if you work a traditional 9-5 it shouldn't be an issue. if you keep the windows close, it's not too bad either if you're accustomed to the normal sounds of the city,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery