Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 10,635 times

Advertisements

I signed a lease on Friday!
Slowly moving in.
Happy to meet up with any building-mates.
Send me a DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 01:33 PM

17 posts, read 31,259 times
Got contacted for an interview for a studio apartment - seeing previous posts about them being 300 square feet. Is this accurate? Are there floor plans anywhere?

Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 AM

86 posts, read 173,455 times
Hi,

I have a question. Two weeks ago my sister sends me a photo of an interview notice that was sent to me which was never given to me. The interview notification letter was sent in 2015 after like 15 years of waiting.

I called the management and was told that my application had been cancelled due to none response.

I am disabled and requested an accommodation which was approved. I was placed back on the list with my original number.

My QUESTION is If they place me with the original application number, wouldn't that mean that I'm the next one on the list once an apartment becomes available?

I was already reached but due to my disability and having others help me with my mail and things, it was never given to me I'm really sick and cried many tears behind this

Can anyone provide me with information? thank you!!!

Old 05-05-2018, 10:46 AM

86 posts, read 173,455 times
I had a log number of 1XXX and was never sent a rejection letter although they said they sent one when I called. I appealed and had to submit income verification, school letters etc... They approved my appeal and told me I was waitlisted. The also said that I will receive a letter regarding my wait list information if my number is not reached.

Something don't sound right. I don't know if its good or bad. I am on the waiting list so that means I was selected right? I have not been called in for an interview however I was placed on their waiting list. What does this mean? Was I selected from the lottery?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:10 PM

7 posts, read 10,635 times
@goodcow
my studio is ~500 sq'.
Others may be smaller, but probably not 300 sq' small.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ndan View Post
I signed a lease on Friday!
Slowly moving in.
Happy to meet up with any building-mates.
Send me a DM.
congratulations!

Old 05-29-2018, 04:32 PM

75 posts, read 65,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydoll75 View Post
I had a log number of 1XXX and was never sent a rejection letter although they said they sent one when I called. I appealed and had to submit income verification, school letters etc... They approved my appeal and told me I was waitlisted. The also said that I will receive a letter regarding my wait list information if my number is not reached.

Something don't sound right. I don't know if its good or bad. I am on the waiting list so that means I was selected right? I have not been called in for an interview however I was placed on their waiting list. What does this mean? Was I selected from the lottery?
Do u have the number to call them?

Old 05-31-2018, 12:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,059,082 times
Uh, with a log of 7xx even without any preference, surely they got to me but didnt send me any correspondence. Who is the agent in charge of this?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:16 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,062,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcow View Post
Got contacted for an interview for a studio apartment - seeing previous posts about them being 300 square feet. Is this accurate? Are there floor plans anywhere?
that's a micro-studio. Are there any in this development? I doubt it.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,082 times
So apparently they emailed me, didnt get the email so I was passed because of 'no response' - I am going to sue unless they can show the sent email with a timestamp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery