Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 05:46 PM

175 posts, read 459,623 times

Advertisements

this is an open forum so many people can share their experiences and feelings. There are many buildings going up in the south Bronx that you may qualify for that I may not. Please don't tell me to not share my feelings cuz I'm cb. There is also many other buildings in the Bronx alone that I'm not Cb and I applied for and hope to get but I don't stop nobody from posting what they want. Although I'm not low income imagine all the people that applied that are Cb I'm also going against them so it's not as simple as you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 06:05 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,861,120 times
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The log numbers for this was NOT out when I checked this morning. Just checked mine and it's my second lowest log # yet (the lowest 500 something for the meekerman in williamsburg, but I never got an invite for an interview..) they do pick a bunch of people at random and THEN go by log number, so just having a low log when the lotto comes out doesnt mean an automatic interview, but this gives me hope. #1,7xx!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2017, 06:35 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl568 View Post
this is an open forum so many people can share their experiences and feelings. There are many buildings going up in the south Bronx that you may qualify for that I may not. Please don't tell me to not share my feelings cuz I'm cb. There is also many other buildings in the Bronx alone that I'm not Cb and I applied for and hope to get but I don't stop nobody from posting what they want. Although I'm not low income imagine all the people that applied that are Cb I'm also going against them so it's not as simple as you think.
Alright, alright. Calm down - let's keep it civil. I'm just saying, CB isn't fair. If I want to live in midtown, CB gets preference because they already live there. So who is that helping? It's like that flawed capitalist adage, "...it takes money to make money..."

Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,861,120 times
I think the flawed logic behind CB Preference is that they think people getting priced still have family and friends left on their block, and work in the neighborhood. Um... Not really in many cases. I think CB preference ONLY tied with city worker is a good thing... I.e. a nurse or a cop or a teacher who lives in the neighborhood, DEFINITELY a leg up in that way. It really doesn't work in other scenarios and does little to truly embrace a mixed-income system.

For instance... Person A is 25 years old, makes 40K a year in a freshly minted post college job in Midtown. They qualify for a majority of of the CB preference in their 60% AMI. Why should that person get such a huge preference than someone struggling elsewhere in the city!? Maybe CB preference should be based on how many years you lived in that district? although they should remove it totally, and I think are are dismantling it cuz i've seen a number of new lotto ads pop up that don't mention CB preference anymore, granted some now have a 50% city services (aka homeless) directive so that's another ball of wax...

This whole convoluted program could get scrapped to begin with depending on who the next mayor is. But I am sure Deb will get voted in. I personally don't think he is that bad though. I found Bloomberg disgusting.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:43 PM

532 posts, read 788,051 times
CB definitely isn't fair but it's good for people who have them. I think they should definitely change the way they allow CB but that's just me.
I'm glad there are a few lotteries that are popping up with zero CB like the VIA 57 Street. I'm hoping more shows up.
When you can elimate those 500 to 800 dollars a month lotteries that's when the real fight will begin lol

Old 08-16-2017, 06:01 AM

387 posts, read 559,721 times
log # 3,7xx municipal employee.

not crazy about the area but let's see what happens...

Old 08-16-2017, 06:44 AM

444 posts, read 388,862 times
Fingers crossed that we all get interviews.

We should videotape this process for a docu-series "Real Lives of a Lottery Applicant Of New York- Bronx Edtion"

First scene can be logging on to check the log numbers...

Old 08-16-2017, 07:07 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
Fingers crossed that we all get interviews.

We should videotape this process for a docu-series "Real Lives of a Lottery Applicant Of New York- Bronx Edtion"

First scene can be logging on to check the log numbers...
bwahahahahaha - copyright that idea now!

Old 08-16-2017, 08:50 AM

127 posts, read 216,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
log # 3,7xx municipal employee.

not crazy about the area but let's see what happens...
That's still a good log number! Also, this area of the BX is really coming up and transportation wise its really a great location.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 AM

532 posts, read 788,051 times
let's us all cross out fingers. i'm pushing 730 on my credit now
everything is ready and looks good.
hope i get selected for this it's only 30 mns away from work. I work downtown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery