Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 12:37 PM

994 posts, read 1,065,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Really? Oy vey! I wish they wouldn't put out the lotteries until the building is complete and habitable, most people that are applying are looking to move soonish, not a year from now smh my log number is 7,XXX so i mean there's a slight chance they could call me for an interview but it won't be any time soon anyways, so back to the housing connect drawing board i go!
I agree. I was shocked when I walked by to see a concrete shell without so much as HVAC installed! I have a few prospects in the connect, so I am crossing my fingers!

Its been a month, so maybe I should go check it out this weekend and see the progress. If it still looks the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually pulled the plug on this project - not the first time a developer has gone bust mid project
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:25 PM

532 posts, read 790,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I agree. I was shocked when I walked by to see a concrete shell without so much as HVAC installed! I have a few prospects in the connect, so I am crossing my fingers!

Its been a month, so maybe I should go check it out this weekend and see the progress. If it still looks the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually pulled the plug on this project - not the first time a developer has gone bust mid project
sh$$$T
i got excited for this man. I really wanted to move soon.
i got everything ready just in case i get called you know. i have no hopes for other lotteries with people with CB and lower logs will get called

Old 08-24-2017, 05:03 AM

175 posts, read 460,375 times
They most likely will start the interview process but nobody will move in this year. They start with people with disabilities in CB then regular CB preference . After they finished then they move on to the regular list in that order. Went through another lottery similar. I had CB Preference but my interview wasn't until November and they started interviews in September. I ended up not getting it cuz my income was over by a few hundred. These people who conduct these interviews follow income and guidelines to a T. Good luck everyone

Old 08-24-2017, 05:09 AM

175 posts, read 460,375 times
Also I believe move in started in February for the other lottery and they also moved in the homeless preference first and that had nothing to do with the regular lottery. It's not a lot but if an apartment has 97 apartments 87 goes to the lottery and 9 goes to homeless housing and 1 for the live in super. So it's one big waiting game. I'm almost sure this process will be close or similar.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:41 AM

yeah i can't count on this at all
now i'm hoping for a low log for 280 ashland

Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
You and me both - Good luck, but hopefully I beat you

Old 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM

444 posts, read 391,645 times
Quote:
It's the process that sucks. How much can we count on log numbers meaning anything when management companies and developers can take YEARS to process an application. It should not take that long.

I really hope because there seem to be many that are open that the process does not take so long for everyone.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You and me both - Good luck, but hopefully I beat you
you might. i had 20k for 250 ashland
and this one even though i made the middle income bracket, i know well my log will be high since i got no cb at all.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
you might. i had 20k for 250 ashland
and this one even though i made the middle income bracket, i know well my log will be high since i got no cb at all.
20k, thats it? LOL I got 74k for 250 Ashland and I also dont have CB

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
20k, thats it? LOL I got 74k for 250 Ashland and I also dont have CB
actually it was 525
lmfao
wtf
why didn't i get called ? these fkers man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery